Re: [Wikitech-l] [Foundation-l] Wikitext isn't a programminglanguage, but...

Re: [Wikitech-l] [Foundation-l] Wikitext isn't a programminglanguage, but...

Bugzilla from andrew@epstone.net
On 19/01/07, Virgil Ierubino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's a solution here. How about we introduce another language
>****that is only available in the Template namespace****,
>specifically for this
> function? Call it Wikisyntax. Wikisyntax is a pure (and simple)
> programming
> language, with no markup. Wikitext is a pure and simple markup language,
> with no code.

No, No, and a thousand times No.

If you want something implemented in a pure programming language
(PHP is debatable in that regard), speak to developers, we will
implement it in PHP as part of MediaWiki. MediaWiki is a piece
of software, not an IDE.

Andrew Garrett
(Werdna)

Re: [Wikitech-l] [Foundation-l] Wikitext isn't a programminglanguage, but...

Rob Church
On 19/01/07, Andrew Garrett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> implement it in PHP as part of MediaWiki. MediaWiki is a piece
> of software, not an IDE.

Not like DevAnywhere. :P

Rob Church

Re: [Wikitech-l] [Foundation-l] Wikitext isn't a programminglanguage, but...

Ligulem
On 19.01.2007 10:27, Andrew Garrett wrote:
> If you want something implemented in a pure programming language
> (PHP is debatable in that regard), speak to developers, we will
> implement it in PHP as part of MediaWiki. MediaWiki is a piece
> of software, not an IDE.

Would you move http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cite_book into
MediaWiki then?