Re: You can now translate Phabricator to your language

Re: You can now translate Phabricator to your language

Jaime Crespo-2
These are incredible good news! I have seem some contributors doubting
about filing tickets because they were intimidated by the interface. Also
it could maybe help better for coordinating local projects and communities.
Thanks!

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 4:05 PM, Niklas Laxström <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It's now possible to translate Phabricator in translatewiki.net thanks
> to the Phabricator developers, Mukunda Modell, and many others who
> participated in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T225
>
> We are currently in an experimental phase, where these translations
> are only used in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org, but the plan is to
> propose these translations to Phabricator upstream.
>
> A few languages are already available and the language setting can be
> changed at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/settings
>
> You can help our multilingual user base by translating Phabricator.
> You can find some more info about translating this project at
> https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Phabricator, and you can
> start translating directly at
> https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&
> group=phabricator
>
> The whole Phabricator project is large, with over 17,000 strings to
> translate. Some simple and familiar strings can be found under the
> "Maniphest" and "Project" sub-groups. "Maniphest" includes strings for
> creating and searching tasks, and "Project" includes strings for
> managing project workboards with columns. Here are the direct links to
> them
> * https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&
> group=phabricator-phabricator-maniphest
> * https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&
> group=phabricator-phabricator-project
>
>   -Niklas

Re: You can now translate Phabricator to your language

Greg Grossmeier-2
<quote name="Niklas Laxström" date="2018-03-02" time="17:05:59 +0200">
> It's now possible to translate Phabricator in translatewiki.net thanks
> to the Phabricator developers, Mukunda Modell, and many others who
> participated in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T225

Thanks everyone who was involved with this long running task; really
happy to see it come to fruition.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| Release Team Manager            A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |

Re: You can now translate Phabricator to your language

Daniel Zahn-2
Great work! It made me create a fresh TranslateWiki user and add some
German translations of Phabricator strings.

Re: You can now translate Phabricator to your language

Nuria Ruiz
What an awesome project translatewiki is.

Nuria

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Daniel Zahn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great work! It made me create a fresh TranslateWiki user and add some
> German translations of Phabricator strings.

Re: You can now translate Phabricator to your language

Mukunda Modell
Indeed, good work everyone! Especially big thank you to Niklas, as well as
all of the translators who have already been busy translating strings.  I
should also thank Quim Gil for sponsoring the upstream work, and Evan
Priestley (Phacility founder) for building the shims that connect
Phabricator's translation infrastructure to translatewiki. So big thanks
all around for everyone who worked at making this collaboration possible,
even if it took a little too long for everything to come together.

About deployments: the translations are currently deployed only
(approximately) twice monthly. The deployment is scheduled on Wednesday
night and the translations go out along with all the other Phabricator
updates from upstream. The deployment doesn't happen on weeks when there
aren't significant changes to deploy, or for various other reasons such as
when I am unavailable for the late night deployment time slot.