Re: communication with wiki communities /Support the wiki

Re: communication with wiki communities /Support the wiki

Kolossos-2
Hello, I also believe that it would a big benefit if we would have a
better overview over existing tools in the toolserver wiki.
So I created today some pages for my own tools there. Because I had
already project pages for this I only link to them, which wasn't hard work.
The benefit is that we can begin to categories tools by topics. I hope
other developer see also that it is necessary and do the same.
The documentation can avoid that we do things duplicated and you can
find  an alternative tool easier.
It would be also good if we can show what we have  if we want more money
for better hardware...

In the wiki it would be perhaps good if we would have a "tool"
namespace. So you can better search for tools or showing all tools. Or
should we use the toolserver wiki as semanticwiki-playground ?

Greetings Kolossos

Re: communication with wiki communities /Support the wiki

Bugzilla from osamak.wfm@gmail.com
2009/6/15 Tim Alder <[hidden email]>:
> Hello, I also believe that it would a big benefit if we would have a
> better overview over existing tools in the toolserver wiki.

You mean a list of all existing tools? This will be extremely useful.

--
OsamaKhalid

Re: communication with wiki communities /Support the wiki

Daniel Kinzler
Tim Alder schrieb:
> Hello, I also believe that it would a big benefit if we would have a
> better overview over existing tools in the toolserver wiki.

Sadly, this can only be done manually.

> So I created today some pages for my own tools there. Because I had
> already project pages for this I only link to them, which wasn't hard work.
> The benefit is that we can begin to categories tools by topics. I hope
> other developer see also that it is necessary and do the same.

I'll try to get off my ass and write nice descriptions for my tools :)

> In the wiki it would be perhaps good if we would have a "tool"
> namespace. So you can better search for tools or showing all tools. Or
> should we use the toolserver wiki as semanticwiki-playground ?

I think a Tool namespace, and perhaps a few templates, would be nice - kind of
like the Extension namespace on mediawiki.org. Using SMW doesn't sound like a
bad idea either.

-- daniel