Re: formatter URL for external Identifiers

Re: formatter URL for external Identifiers

Srinivas Desiraju
Hello,

           Is there any documentation or a link i could visit to
understand the concept  of how the formatter URL works in wikibase for
external identifiers and what extensions or configuration needs  to be
done to enable it. On wikidata we see that any external identifier with
a value on click redirects to the corresponding external domain page and
this functionality is missing from our local installation of mediawiki
with wikibase. Any assistance would be of help.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas

Re: formatter URL for external Identifiers

Lydia Pintscher
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 4:33 PM Srinivas Desiraju
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>            Is there any documentation or a link i could visit to
> understand the concept  of how the formatter URL works in wikibase for
> external identifiers and what extensions or configuration needs  to be
> done to enable it. On wikidata we see that any external identifier with
> a value on click redirects to the corresponding external domain page and
> this functionality is missing from our local installation of mediawiki
> with wikibase. Any assistance would be of help.

Sorry for only getting back to you now. You can see Wikidata's config
here: https://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/highlight.php?file=Wikibase-production.php
There you will see a config for formatterUrlProperty which defines the
property that us used to hold the formatter URL for a property. On
Wikidata it is then used in this way:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P345#P1630

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.