Re: ikipedia template logic

Jan Steinman
> From: Rob Church <[hidden email]>
>
> Most of the (messed up) logic templates on Wikipedia and related
> projects use template syntax not available in the 1.5 branch of
> MediaWiki.
>
> You'll either have to upgrade to CVS HEAD (which is not supported) or
> use another method.

Is this by any chance the Winter language that can be loaded as an
extension?

I have played with it a bit, and it seemed a bit buggy and
inconsistent, but I *need* this capability.

I don't want to invest a lot of time in Winter if MW1.6 is going to
have similar facilities built-in.

:::: Science uses mathematics to predict the future; economics uses
statistics to predict the past. -- Jeff Barton
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>

Re: Re: ikipedia template logic

Rob Church
As far as I'm aware, we don't have the "Winter" extension installed on
the Wikimedia wiki farm. Such templates therefore are using syntax
built into HEAD...

Rob Church