Re: (no subject)

David Gerard-2
I've got no idea what I need to unblock for this to work :-( Try again
until you get a different IP address?

I've cc'ed this to the technical list for their consideration. This
user is on AOL and is blocked from creating an account, but  we don't
have enough information for me to work out which autoblock is causing
the problem and undo it.

- d.

> When I tried to create an account in order to logon, I was told that        I had already opened ten accounts and was blocked from creating any        more.

Re: (no subject)

Brion Vibber
David Gerard wrote:
> I've got no idea what I need to unblock for this to work :-( Try again
> until you get a different IP address?
>
> I've cc'ed this to the technical list for their consideration. This
> user is on AOL and is blocked from creating an account, but  we don't
> have enough information for me to work out which autoblock is causing
> the problem and undo it.

That's the rate limiter, not the autoblocker.

Wait a day and try again.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)