Re: post adress, OTRS (question to delphine/Angela)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: post adress, OTRS (question to delphine/Angela)

Michael Bimmler
Certainly. So we could just *for the beginning* have the adress of the
president (or if he doesn't like this, another member of the board)
mentioned somewhere, and than the person, whose adress is mentioned
and who receives the letters will just "post" them (give a summary) at
the list or, if it is more "sensible" at a "wmch-board-list".
Reminder. We also have to care for an OTRS Mail account. Delphine/Angela:
Do you know, whether we can have something like [hidden email] or
does OTRS only work, if we have something like [hidden email] or
[hidden email] and so on?
Regards
Michael
2006/1/16, Jürg Wolf <[hidden email]>:

> I see your point.
>
> But at least in the beginning, the "Spezielle Vereinsadresse" won't be an
> "extremly necessary thing". Of course, a "offline-mail" is important -
> especially for contracts. But all they can be done via a normal mail to the
> address mentioned on the respective page in the internet.
>
> Jürg
>
>
> Zitat von Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]>:
>
> > 2006/1/16, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
> > > I don't see the problem with the post box as discussed in the thread:
> > >
> > > a) Wikimedia CH is an internet focussed foundation. Therefore a permanent,
> > > non-changing postal address is not that important than for a
> > > non-internet-focussed foundation. We don't have printed mail paper we had
> > to
> > > change (or do we plan to have this?)
> > >
> > Hm, I don't think, that we can exist without any "offline-mail". E.g.
> > if someones applies for membership, he has to do this in written form,
> > as it is then a "Vertrag", which wouldn't be legally binding
> > otherwise. And we need to send him then a written confirmation (afaik
> > and ianal). So we can do a lot by mails/wiki but i'm quite sure not
> > everything
> > ad the rest of you post: I don't think that there's gonna be so much
> > post, but just consider the planned Wikipedia Day which *might* lead
> > to some amount of "offline mail".
> > Regards
> > Michael
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimediach-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
>

--
An eternity is very, very long, especially towards the end

_______________________________________________
Wikimediach-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: post adress, OTRS (question to delphine/Angela)

Delphine Ménard
On 1/17/06, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Certainly. So we could just *for the beginning* have the adress of the
> president (or if he doesn't like this, another member of the board)
> mentioned somewhere, and than the person, whose adress is mentioned
> and who receives the letters will just "post" them (give a summary) at
> the list or, if it is more "sensible" at a "wmch-board-list".
> Reminder. We also have to care for an OTRS Mail account. Delphine/Angela:
> Do you know, whether we can have something like [hidden email] or
> does OTRS only work, if we have something like [hidden email] or
> [hidden email] and so on?

In order to have the address [hidden email], you need to have your
hands on the domain wikimedia.ch, which seems to be the case (?), so
this address can redirect to a very simple [hidden email] which
will end up in OTRS (this is what the French and the Germans are
doing). The public address is then [hidden email], the internal
address is [hidden email], but this is internal stuff. Just tell
me when to create it.

Delphine
--
~notafish
_______________________________________________
Wikimediach-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: post adress, OTRS (question to delphine/Angela)

Michael Bimmler
2006/1/23, Delphine Ménard <[hidden email]>:

> In order to have the address [hidden email], you need to have your
> hands on the domain wikimedia.ch, which seems to be the case (?), so
> this address can redirect to a very simple [hidden email] which
> will end up in OTRS (this is what the French and the Germans are
> doing). The public address is then [hidden email], the internal
> address is [hidden email], but this is internal stuff. Just tell
> me when to create it.
>
Well, we do have wikimedia.ch (at least Thierry Pool has registered
it), atm it forwards to ch.wikimedia.org, and I think email forward
could be established as well (?). But we won't probably need it before
foundation (but then for the Wikipedia Day definitely)
> Delphine
> --
> ~notafish
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimediach-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
>


--
An eternity is very, very long, especially towards the end

_______________________________________________
Wikimediach-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l