Re: redirecting to OTRS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: redirecting to OTRS

Delphine Ménard
On 5/1/06, Frederic Schutz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Manuel Schneider [Everything Open] wrote:
>
> > I also set up several mail forwardings:
> > - infoATwikimedia.ch -> wm-chATwikimedia.org (OTRS)
> > - infoATwikipedia.ch -> infoATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > - info-deATwikipedia.ch -> info-deATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > - info-frATwikipedia.ch -> info-frATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > - info-itATwikipedia.ch -> info-itATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > - info-alsATwikipedia.ch -> info-alsATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > - info-rmATwikipedia.ch -> wm-chATwikimedia.org (OTRS)

Catching up with my lists.

First, please avoid putting those addresses in clear on public mailing
lists archived by Google, we're dealing with enough spam as it is.

Then, please *do not* broadcast the queue "infoATwikimedia.ch" ever,
because the infoATwikipedia.org is not a queue, it's just an
abandonned black hole on OTRS which nobody ever looks at. Only
language queues are taken care of.

Cheers,

Delphine
--
~notafish
_______________________________________________
www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
Wikimediach-l mailing list
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: redirecting to OTRS

Michael Bimmler
On 5/11/06, Delphine Ménard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/1/06, Frederic Schutz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Manuel Schneider [Everything Open] wrote:
> >
> > > I also set up several mail forwardings:
> > > - infoATwikimedia.ch -> wm-chATwikimedia.org (OTRS)
> > > - infoATwikipedia.ch -> infoATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > > - info-deATwikipedia.ch -> info-deATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > > - info-frATwikipedia.ch -> info-frATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > > - info-itATwikipedia.ch -> info-itATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > > - info-alsATwikipedia.ch -> info-alsATwikipedia.org (OTRS)
> > > - info-rmATwikipedia.ch -> wm-chATwikimedia.org (OTRS)
>
> Catching up with my lists.
>
> First, please avoid putting those addresses in clear on public mailing
> lists archived by Google, we're dealing with enough spam as it is.
>
> Then, please *do not* broadcast the queue "infoATwikimedia.ch" ever,
> because the infoATwikipedia.org is not a queue, it's just an
> abandonned black hole on OTRS which nobody ever looks at. Only
> language queues are taken care of.
>
Let's see if I get this right: You mean, we should not forward info
at  wikipedia dot ch to info  at wikimedia dot org, right? If yes,
okay, "doable"...
If I misunderstood you, please correct me.
Michael

> Cheers,
>
> Delphine
> --
> ~notafish
> _______________________________________________
> www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
> Wikimediach-l mailing list
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
>


--
Regards
Michael Bimmler

Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
www.wikimedia.ch
_______________________________________________
www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
Wikimediach-l mailing list
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: redirecting to OTRS

Delphine Ménard
On 5/11/06, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Let's see if I get this right: You mean, we should not forward info
> at  wikipedia dot ch to info  at wikimedia dot org, right? If yes,
> okay, "doable"...


Well, you can, but be aware that there is nobody behind the queue
you're redirecting it to. What I am really saying is: don't use a
generic infoATwikipedia.ch at all ;-). Have it in case people just try
it, but in the end, it's a spam catcher anyway, so you're better off
with all the language codes.


Delphine
--
~notafish
_______________________________________________
www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
Wikimediach-l mailing list
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: redirecting to OTRS

Michael Bimmler
On 5/11/06, Delphine Ménard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/11/06, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Let's see if I get this right: You mean, we should not forward info
> > at  wikipedia dot ch to info  at wikimedia dot org, right? If yes,
> > okay, "doable"...
>
>
> Well, you can, but be aware that there is nobody behind the queue
> you're redirecting it to. What I am really saying is: don't use a
> generic infoATwikipedia.ch at all ;-). Have it in case people just try
> it, but in the end, it's a spam catcher anyway, so you're better off
> with all the language codes.
>
Sure. But in my experience, when people visit a webpage and have
questions, some of them don't go to "contacts" section et al. but just
write a mail to info@domain
So it's certainly worth having the mailadress.
But I assume forwarding to info-queue in OTRS is not such a good idea...
Michael
>
> Delphine
> --
> ~notafish
> _______________________________________________
> www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
> Wikimediach-l mailing list
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l
>


--
Regards
Michael Bimmler

Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
www.wikimedia.ch
_______________________________________________
www.wikimedia.ch Wikimedia CH website
Wikimediach-l mailing list
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediach-l