Re: uploading pages and images?

Bryan Tong Minh
On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Rich Morin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need to load up a few hundred MW pages with text and images.
>
> Looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php, I find several
> tools for getting information about images, but nothing for
> uploading them:
>
> * prop=images (im) *
> * prop=imageinfo (ii) *
> * list=allimages (ai) *
> * list=imageusage (iu) *
>
> Am I missing something?
>

> More generally, are there any tools other than pywikipediabot
> and the MW API that I should look into?
>
> -r
> --
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm            Rich Morin
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     [hidden email]
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/weblog     +1 650-873-7841
>
> Technical editing and writing, programming, and web development

Uploading is something that I am still working on. I have made some
necessary changes to the backend to make a suitable API module, but it
still needs some work on the regular frontend. I want to have that
fixed first before I continue on the API module. Unfortunately I
currently don't really have time for it.

Bryan

Re: uploading pages and images?

Rich Morin
At 18:55 +0200 9/20/08, Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
> Uploading is something that I am still working on. ...

OK; thanks for the info.

-r
--
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm            Rich Morin
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     [hidden email]
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/weblog     +1 650-873-7841

Re: uploading pages and images?

Eldurloki
take a look at

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Client_Code

or on the botpages at WP

some of them can upload images via the regular frontend