Quantcast

Ready for early translation: Tech News #03 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #03 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(Note: I'm currently travelling without a working computer, doing this from borrowed conputers and my phone. Something looks weird? Could very well be a mistake. I promised to change something with how the newsletter works? Will try that out next week. My apologies.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #03 (2017)

Stryn@Wikimedia
Hi, a question:

When an admin blocks a user or deletes or protects a page you give a reason why. You can now get suggestions when you write.

"You" means an admin? Should it be "they" instead? Not all users are admins.

Stryn
Suomenkielisen Wikipedian ylläpitäjä & osoitepaljastaja / Admin and checkuser on the Finnish Wikipedia
Wikidatan ylläpitäjä / Admin on Wikidata
Meta-Wikin ylläpitäjä / Admin on Meta-Wiki
Ylivalvoja / Steward

Direct translation link:

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(Note: I'm currently travelling without a working computer, doing this from borrowed conputers and my phone. Something looks weird? Could very well be a mistake. I promised to change something with how the newsletter works? Will try that out next week. My apologies.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #03 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Den 12 jan. 2017 12:18 skrev "Johan Jönsson" <[hidden email]>:

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added since yesterday. The item Stryn mentioned has been rephrased, but not marked as needing retranslation. There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely.

Thank you, and have a good weekend!

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Den 12 jan. 2017 12:18 skrev "Johan Jönsson" <[hidden email]>:

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added since yesterday. The item Stryn mentioned has been rephrased, but not marked as needing retranslation. There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely.

Thank you, and have a good weekend!

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletterhas now been delivered (in 17 languages) to subscribers across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson