Ready for early translation: Tech News #05 (2018)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #05 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F05&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

Short issue this week – we're in between two weeks with no MediaWiki
train, so should be a quick and easy week for translators.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #05 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 7:08 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F05&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 8:33 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 7:08 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2018/05
> >
> > Direct translation link:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F05&action=page
> >
> > I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> > Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> > wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
> safely.

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 18 languages) to 760 pages across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson