Ready for early translation: Tech News #07 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #07 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F07&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you did not translate Tech News in the last few weeks, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #07 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F07&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines

The text of the newsletter is now final. Two new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/07
>>
>> Direct translation link:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F07&action=page
>>
>> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
>> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
>> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> The text of the newsletter is now final. Two new items have been added
> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
> safely.

I just realized one word was missing translate tags. This has now been
addressed. My apologies.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #07 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F07&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you did not translate Tech News in the last few weeks, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 18 languages) to subscribers across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson