Ready for early translation: Tech News #18 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #18 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F18&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you did not translate Tech News in the last few months, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #18 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F18&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you did not translate Tech News in the last few months, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #18 (2017)

Vira Motorko

--
Vira Motorko // Віра Моторко
Wikimedia Ukraine nonprofit organisation // ГО «Вікімедіа Україна»

If this email is about your daily job and it reaches you outside of the working hours, please, feel free to answer when it's appropriate! // Якщо це робочий лист і Ви отримали його не в робочий час, будь ласка, відповідайте, коли вважаєте за потрібне!
Якщо маєте електронну скриньку на зразок [hidden email], задумайтесь, будь ласка, над її зміною. Дякую!

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F18&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you did not translate Tech News in the last few months, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #18 (2017)

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Note, a change was added at the last minute to 1 item, adding a lot of clarity.
Please re-update the item about "Scripts using very old [...]".
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F18&action=page&filter=

(ah, I see Vira's email. Yes, thank you!)

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F18&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you did not translate Tech News in the last few months, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison, WMF

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #18 (2017)

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/18
> >
> > Direct translation link:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F18&action=page
> >
> > I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> > Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> > wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
> >
> > There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> > should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> > in any case.
> >
> > Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> > always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
> >
> > (If you did not translate Tech News in the last few months, see this email:
> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
> >
> > Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 18 languages) to subscribers across wikis.

--
Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison, WMF