Quantcast

Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F20&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you did not translate Tech News in the last few months, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F20&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added since yesterday and one has been slightly clarified. There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Sylvain Chiron
Le 12/05/2017 à 01:10, Johan Jönsson a écrit :
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

The messages don’t appear on the translation page. Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/OcapEaY.png

The translation tool seems to be broken (I can’t translate anything).
--
Sylvain

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Sylvain Chiron <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 12/05/2017 à 01:10, Johan Jönsson a écrit :
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

The messages don’t appear on the translation page. Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/OcapEaY.png

The translation tool seems to be broken (I can’t translate anything).

Yeah, I can reproduce – unable to translate anything.

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:28 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Sylvain Chiron <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 12/05/2017 à 01:10, Johan Jönsson a écrit :
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

The messages don’t appear on the translation page. Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/OcapEaY.png

The translation tool seems to be broken (I can’t translate anything).

Yeah, I can reproduce – unable to translate anything.

For anyone who wants to keep track of this issue, I filed a Phabricator task here:

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
If translating on Meta doesn't work for you, translate here:

Let's assume this is fixed by the time I deliver Tech News on Monday. The page on mediawiki.org (where the Translate extension seems to be working) is a copy with exactly the same translatable text and translate tags. You can translate there, and then I can copy and paste your translation to Meta, if you haven't had time to fix it yourself. Or solve it some other way. We'll have translations, at least.

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:28 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Sylvain Chiron <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 12/05/2017 à 01:10, Johan Jönsson a écrit :
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

The messages don’t appear on the translation page. Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/OcapEaY.png

The translation tool seems to be broken (I can’t translate anything).

Yeah, I can reproduce – unable to translate anything.

For anyone who wants to keep track of this issue, I filed a Phabricator task here:

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:28 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Sylvain Chiron <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 12/05/2017 à 01:10, Johan Jönsson a écrit :
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

The messages don’t appear on the translation page. Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/OcapEaY.png

The translation tool seems to be broken (I can’t translate anything).

Yeah, I can reproduce – unable to translate anything.

For anyone who wants to keep track of this issue, I filed a Phabricator task here:

This turned out to be a script error affecting more than the Translate extension; everything should be back to normal now. (:

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Vira Motorko
For those who is not afraid of hardcore in translating Meta, you can edit directly pages of translation units in Translation: namespace.
Like I did with the last added unit:
(Sadly, no translation memory suggestions this way).

As I can see from list of pages that start with Translations:Tech/News/2017/20/, units 18 and 19 are undertranslated )))
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&prefix=Translations%3ATech%2FNews%2F2017%2F20%2F&namespace=0

If it's too scary we may leave it all to Johan and just wait for Translate extension to came back to us (:

--
Vira Motorko // Віра Моторко
Wikimedia Ukraine nonprofit organisation // ГО «Вікімедіа Україна»

If this email is about your daily job and it reaches you outside of the working hours, please, feel free to answer when it's appropriate! // Якщо це робочий лист і Ви отримали його не в робочий час, будь ласка, відповідайте, коли вважаєте за потрібне!
Якщо маєте електронну скриньку на зразок [hidden email], задумайтесь, будь ласка, над її зміною. Дякую!

Le 13/05/2017 à 07:28, Johan Jönsson a écrit :
> This turned out to be a script error affecting more than the Translate
> extension; everything should be back to normal now. (:

It’s not… The same error is still here.
--
Sylvain

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Sylvain Chiron
Le 12/05/2017 à 01:10, Johan Jönsson a écrit :

> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

The ‘nowrap’ class used in the newsletter seems to have no effect, the
code wraps in my browser.
--
Sylvain

Le 13/05/2017 à 17:54, Sylvain Chiron a écrit :
> Le 13/05/2017 à 07:28, Johan Jönsson a écrit :
>> This turned out to be a script error affecting more than the Translate
>> extension; everything should be back to normal now. (:
>
> It’s not… The same error is still here.

It’s now repaired — :).

Happy translating.
--
Sylvain

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #20 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F20&action=page

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter has now been delivered (in 16 languages) to subscribers across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson