Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F21&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you did not translate Tech News in the last few months, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

Quiet week so far, but I've got at least one thing I hope to reinstate tomorrow.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2017)

Anoop Rao
done kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ) translation

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F21&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2017)

Vira Motorko
What a humble Tech News issue we have this time.

--
Vira Motorko // Віра Моторко
Wikimedia Ukraine nonprofit organisation // ГО «Вікімедіа Україна»

If this email is about your daily job and it reaches you outside of the working hours, please, feel free to answer when it's appropriate! // Якщо це робочий лист і Ви отримали його не в робочий час, будь ласка, відповідайте, коли вважаєте за потрібне!
Якщо маєте електронну скриньку на зразок [hidden email], задумайтесь, будь ласка, над її зміною. Дякую!

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F21&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2017)

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Vira Motorko <[hidden email]> wrote:
What a humble Tech News issue we have this time.

Yeah. Maybe a good opportunity to have more translations than as usual? :)

--
Vira Motorko // Віра Моторко
Wikimedia Ukraine nonprofit organisation // ГО «Вікімедіа Україна»
mobile: <a href="tel:+380%2066%20774%200499" value="+380667740499" target="_blank">+380667740499 | facebook: vira.motorko | wikipedia: Ата

If this email is about your daily job and it reaches you outside of the working hours, please, feel free to answer when it's appropriate! // Якщо це робочий лист і Ви отримали його не в робочий час, будь ласка, відповідайте, коли вважаєте за потрібне!
Якщо маєте електронну скриньку на зразок [hidden email], задумайтесь, будь ласка, над її зміною. Дякую!

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F21&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)
Community Liaison

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2017)

Sylvain Chiron
Le 20/05/2017 à 16:47, Benoît Evellin (Trizek) a écrit :
> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Vira Motorko <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     What a humble Tech News issue we have this time.
>

> Yeah. Maybe a good opportunity to have more translations than as usual? :)

Or to think about a template that would make this already fully
translated? (Just as it was tried for the Collaboration team’s
newsletter, but it’s no more used…)

The translation suggestions are not synchronized, so I have to
copy-paste every time from the previous newsletters.

:)
--
Sylvain

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 2:24 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/21
>>
>> Direct translation link:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F21&action=page
>
> The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
> safely.

Hey everyone, just a quick note that I was pointed to a upcoming
change this week that could potentially break some gadgets. I'm never
happy about late additions to the newsletter, but we should probably
include potentially breaking changes when they go out. If you want to,
you can go back and translate the new item too.

(Whether you have time or not, or see this in time or not, I apologise
– I've reminded people of the work you do and sent a link to the
deadlines, asking them to ping us a bit earlier the next time.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2017)

Anoop Rao
Done kannada translation

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 2:24 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/21
>>>
>>> Direct translation link:
>>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F21&action=page
>>
>> The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
>> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
>> safely.
>
> Hey everyone, just a quick note that I was pointed to a upcoming
> change this week that could potentially break some gadgets. I'm never
> happy about late additions to the newsletter, but we should probably
> include potentially breaking changes when they go out. If you want to,
> you can go back and translate the new item too.
>
> (Whether you have time or not, or see this in time or not, I apologise
> – I've reminded people of the work you do and sent a link to the
> deadlines, asking them to ping us a bit earlier the next time.)
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F21&action=page

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 16 languages) to subscribers across wikis.

(And yet again – my apologies for the late addition.)

//Johan Jönsson