Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2018)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F20&action=page

I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

Very light issue this week – I'd assume it's because of the Wikimedia hackathon.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:03 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F20&action=page
>
> I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2018)

Sylvain Chiron
Well, please remember to update the links each week please:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F21&action=page

I nearly thought somebody had already translated it.

Kind regards,

Sylvain Chiron

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 7:00 PM, Sylvain Chiron <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, please remember to update the links each week please:

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F21&action=page
>
> I nearly thought somebody had already translated it.

Mea culpa. I looked at the last email I had sent and updated the week,
forgetting that Nick sent out the call to translate last week's. I'll
do better in the future. Thanks for pointing it out.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #21 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:03 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F20&action=page
>
> I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 17 languages) to 773 pages across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson