Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F22&language=&action=page&filter=

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PDT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language.

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Purodha Blissenbach
Hi,
the "direct translation link" does not show any message.
Purodha

On 26.05.2016 23:01, Johan Jönsson wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F22&language=&action=page&filter=
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PDT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language.
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Purodha Blissenbach
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> the "direct translation link" does not show any message.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F22&action=page

Better?

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Purodha Blissenbach

> When the rollback function is opened as a link it will sometimes ask
> for confirmation to rollback. When you just click on it will work as
> before.

Can you specify what the difference between clicking and "open as a
link" is?
To me, they appear identical.

Purodha

On 26.05.2016 23:01, Johan Jönsson wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F22&language=&action=page&filter=
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PDT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language.
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Purodha Blissenbach
Yes - working.
Thank you.

Purodha

On 26.05.2016 23:18, Johan Jönsson wrote:

> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Purodha Blissenbach
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> the "direct translation link" does not show any message.
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F22&action=page
>
> Better?
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2
That was really a terrible sentence. I can only apologize. I have rewritten the item now. Thank you for pointing it out.

//Johan Jönsson
--

Hi,

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F22&language=&action=page&filter=

Sorry for the very late update.

The text of the newsletter is now final. Three new items have been
added since yesterday. One update (the rollback function) was reverted
for now, so that news item has been moved and rewritten. There won't
be any more changes; you can translate safely.

Thank you, and have a good weekend!

(Sorry for the late update.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2016/22
>>
>> Direct translation link:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F22&action=page
;-)

> Sorry for the very late update.
>
> The text of the newsletter is now final. Three new items have been
> added since yesterday. One update (the rollback function) was reverted
> for now, so that news item has been moved and rewritten. There won't
> be any more changes; you can translate safely.
>
> Thank you, and have a good weekend!
>
> (Sorry for the late update.)
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #22 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 17 languages) to subscribers across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson