Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2016)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F23&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PDT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language.

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2016)

Purodha Blissenbach
Hi,
the translation memories have vanished :-(
Purodha

On 02.06.2016 16:27, Johan Jönsson wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F23&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PDT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language.
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2016)

Purodha Blissenbach
Hi Johan ,
there is a message (.../44) having two identical link targets:
[[$vector|Vector]] and other [[$vector|skins]].
This is likely rather an error than intentional, I believe.
Purodha

On 02.06.2016 16:27, Johan Jönsson wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F23&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PDT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language.
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:16 PM, Purodha Blissenbach
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> the translation memories have vanished :-(

I'll create a Phab ticket and poke the relevant persons.

> there is a message (.../44) having two identical link targets:
> [[$vector|Vector]] and other [[$vector|skins]].
> This is likely rather an error than intentional, I believe.

Indeed. Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed now.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2016)

Niklas Laxström
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:16 PM, Purodha Blissenbach
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> the translation memories have vanished :-(
>
> I'll create a Phab ticket and poke the relevant persons.

Translation memories should be coming back right now. This was caused
by a mistake during the ElasticSearch upgrade. Thanks to David Causse
for fixing it quickly.

There is also a reindex coming next week, which may cause some stale
suggestions or missing suggestions, which I hope won't be too much of
inconvenience.

  -Niklas

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Niklas Laxström

>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:16 PM, Purodha Blissenbach
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> the translation memories have vanished :-(
>>
>> I'll create a Phab ticket and poke the relevant persons.
>
> Translation memories should be coming back right now. This was caused
> by a mistake during the ElasticSearch upgrade. Thanks to David Causse
> for fixing it quickly.
>
> There is also a reindex coming next week, which may cause some stale
> suggestions or missing suggestions, which I hope won't be too much of
> inconvenience.

OK, thanks for the update (and thanks to David for fixing it).

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F23&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

Thank you, and have a good weekend!

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2016)

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 17 languages) to subscribers across wikis.