Ready for early translation: Tech News #26 (2016)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #26 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F26&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PDT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language.

There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #26 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F26&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. Three new items have been
added since yesterday. One item has been edited. There won't be any
more changes; you can translate safely. I know this is a long issue,
but I think it's an important one, not least when it comes to future
changes and the plans there.

Thank you, and have a good weekend!

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #26 (2016)

Purodha Blissenbach
Quote:
> On 29 June git.wikimedia.org (running Gitblit) will redirect all
> requests to Phabricator ..
is misguiding. What happens at June 30th? Redirection ends? :-)

Purodha

On 23.06.2016 18:18, Johan Jönsson wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F26&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PDT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language.
>
> There may be a few more edits by Friday, but the existing content
> should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday
> in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #26 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Purodha Blissenbach
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Quote:
>>
>> On 29 June git.wikimedia.org (running Gitblit) will redirect all requests
>> to Phabricator ..
>
> is misguiding. What happens at June 30th? Redirection ends? :-)

I would argue that "and onwards" is an implicit function of the
English word "on" in this context. :) But I've edited for the sake of
avoiding ambiguity.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #26 (2016)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2016%2F26&action=page

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 17 languages) to subscribers across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson