Ready for early translation: Tech News #27 (2018)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #27 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F27&action=page

I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #27 (2018)

Stryn@Wikimedia
Hi,

Maybe someone else noticed too.
It seems translation memory is lost for some translation units since the last newsletter.

Stryn
Wikimedia Steward
Admin and checkuser on the Finnish Wikipedia

to 28. kesäk. 2018 klo 17.34 Johan Jönsson ([hidden email]) kirjoitti:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F27&action=page

I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #27 (2018)

Shweta Yadav
Hello
I too noticed the same. Also, I would like to know how to add to/ edit translation memory as some of the translations still visible are quite wrong.

Shypoetess

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 at 9:35 PM, Stryn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Maybe someone else noticed too.
It seems translation memory is lost for some translation units since the last newsletter.

Stryn
Wikimedia Steward
Admin and checkuser on the Finnish Wikipedia
| Admin on Wikidata | Admin on Meta-Wiki

to 28. kesäk. 2018 klo 17.34 Johan Jönsson ([hidden email]) kirjoitti:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F27&action=page

I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

//Johan Jönsson

Regards
Dr Shweta Yadav

(Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse brevity and typos.)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 6:05 PM, Stryn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe someone else noticed too.
> It seems translation memory is lost for some translation units since the
> last newsletter.

Seems like a temporary hiccup – I noticed the same thing yesterday
when translating, but it's working again now.

--

Not for me, I tried many times today to open the translation interface and never got any suggestions.
I tried the first 3 translation units on both Finnish and Swedish, but after "Loading..." it just says "Add documentation".

I only got suggestions for "Recent changes" and "Problems".

(Niklas: any idea what's wrong?)

Sent from mobile

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F27&action=page
>
> I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #27 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F27&action=page
>
> I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 16 languages) to 777 pages across wikis.

When we figure out what's wrong with the translation memory, I'll make
sure to let you know.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Stryn <[hidden email]> wrote:
pe 29. kesäk. 2018 klo 13.07 Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> kirjoitti:
Seems like a temporary hiccup – I noticed the same thing yesterday
when translating, but it's working again now.

//Johan Jönsson
--

Not for me, I tried many times today to open the translation interface and never got any suggestions.
I tried the first 3 translation units on both Finnish and Swedish, but after "Loading..." it just says "Add documentation".

I only got suggestions for "Recent changes" and "Problems".

(Niklas: any idea what's wrong?)

Niklas has followed up here:

//Johan Jönsson

R: Ready for early translation: Tech News #27 (2018)

Manuel Tassi-2

Hi, I understand it might me a little too late now, but I’ve just noticed that Tech News #27 (2018) has not been delivered to the italian wikipedia.

Fringio @ Wiki

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F27&action=page

> I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday

> morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in

> that language. Deadlines:

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines

> There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should

> generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any

> case.

> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As

> always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html

> If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter

has now been delivered (in 16 languages) to 777 pages across wikis.

When we figure out what's wrong with the translation memory, I'll make

sure to let you know.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: R: Ready for early translation: Tech News #27 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2
Bah. Well, it's still in the target list and MediaWiki message delivery has been active on Italian Wikipedia since, so I'll take a look on Monday when delivering #28 to make sure it wasn't anything more than a temporary glitch. Thanks for pointing it out.

//Johan Jönsson