Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F29&action=page

Johan is planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with. Sorry for
the delay today.)

--
Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity)

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F29&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final.
**One new item has been added since yesterday, and two items have been
slightly changed for clarity.**
There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely.

--
Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Anoop Rao
Hello
Can any body tell me how to import technical updates to kannada
wikipedia.( https://kn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges) and i
dont have any rights on that wiki like import/admin.

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/29
>>
>> Direct translation link:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F29&action=page
>>

> The text of the newsletter is now final.
> **One new item has been added since yesterday, and two items have been
> slightly changed for clarity.**
> There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely.
>
> --
> Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

Thanks

Anoop Rao

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Whatamidoing (WMF)/Sherry Snyder
Which technical updates do you want?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/29
>>
>> Direct translation link:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F29&action=page
>>

> The text of the newsletter is now final.
> **One new item has been added since yesterday, and two items have been
> slightly changed for clarity.**
> There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely.
>
> --
> Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
> Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

Thanks

Anoop Rao

Sherry Snyder (WhatamIdoing)
Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Anoop Rao
every technical updates (actually i dont see it apearing on any local
wikipages) is there a possibility that technical updates can
automatically be imported to
https://kn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project:Tech/News/2017 instead of copy
pasting.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Whatamidoing (WMF)/Sherry Snyder
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which technical updates do you want?
>

> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 9:10 PM Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>> Can any body tell me how to import technical updates to kannada
>> wikipedia.( https://kn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges) and i
>> dont have any rights on that wiki like import/admin.
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > The text of the newsletter is now final.
>> > **One new item has been added since yesterday, and two items have been
>> > slightly changed for clarity.**
>> > There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
>> > Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

>> --
>> Thanks
>>
>> Anoop Rao

> Sherry Snyder (WhatamIdoing)
> Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

Thanks

Anoop Rao

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Luis Sanabria
Hi!

Just add the page that you want to receive the newsletter to the relevant section on this page:

In your case, it would be adding something like this to the Community pages section.

# {{target | page = ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ:ಅರಳಿ ಕಟ್ಟೆ | site = kn.wikipedia.org}}

Saludos,
Luis Sanabria

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Which technical updates do you want?
>

> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 9:10 PM Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>> Can any body tell me how to import technical updates to kannada
>> wikipedia.( https://kn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges) and i
>> dont have any rights on that wiki like import/admin.
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > The text of the newsletter is now final.
>> > **One new item has been added since yesterday, and two items have been
>> > slightly changed for clarity.**
>> > There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
>> > Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

>> --
>> Thanks
>>
>> Anoop Rao

> Sherry Snyder (WhatamIdoing)
> Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

Thanks

Anoop Rao

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Anoop Rao
Thanks all for a great help.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Luis Sanabria <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Just add the page that you want to receive the newsletter to the relevant
> section on this page:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors
>
> In your case, it would be adding something like this to the Community pages
> section.
>
> # {{target | page = ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ:ಅರಳಿ ಕಟ್ಟೆ | site = kn.wikipedia.org}}
>
> Saludos,
> Luis Sanabria
>
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 6:14 AM, Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> every technical updates (actually i dont see it apearing on any local
>> wikipages) is there a possibility that technical updates can
>> automatically be imported to
>> https://kn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project:Tech/News/2017 instead of copy
>> pasting.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Whatamidoing (WMF)/Sherry Snyder
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Which technical updates do you want?

>> > --
>> > Sherry Snyder (WhatamIdoing)
>> > Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

>> --
>> Thanks
>>
>> Anoop Rao

Thanks

Anoop Rao

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 6:42 AM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F29&action=page

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter has now been delivered (in 16 languages) to 722 pages across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson