Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2018)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F29&action=page

We plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. Trizek (Benoît) will let you know on
Friday in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2018)

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)
The latest tech newsletter is now final:

Nothing has changed since Thursday.

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F29&action=page

Sorry for the late notice.
Benoît

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 4:02 PM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F29&action=page

We plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. Trizek (Benoît) will let you know on
Friday in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

//Johan Jönsson

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)
Community Liaison

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2018)

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)
The issue has been delivered to 779 pages. Thank you for your help!

Wikimania is happening this week, but we plan to have a Tech News issue delivered anyways. Johan will tell you when that future issue is ready.

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 2:24 PM Benoît Evellin (Trizek) <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Shypoetess Wikimedia
Hi
the issue I received was truncated. Please look into this. Also, the title of the Hindi version is in English only even though it is the first thing I translate for every issue.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Shypoetess (hi.wikipedia.org)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 at 9:33 PM, Benoît Evellin (Trizek) <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dr Shweta Yadav
Volunteer Editor & Coordinator
TWL (Hindi Branch)

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #29 (2018)

Shypoetess Wikimedia
@Anoop rao
Thanks for the clarification.

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 at 11:55 PM, Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Re: translated titles, the relevant task is https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T164503

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 8:35 PM Shypoetess Wikimedia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation