Ready for early translation: Tech News #35 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #35 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F35&action=page

This is a fairly long issue, but I think it has a number of important
updates – asking for feedback on local overrides for global
preferences, syntax highlighting, notifications when someone tries and
fails to log in to your account, ability to block others from pinging
you.

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

(Small addition, regarding the ability to mute users from pinging you
– it's probably going to be deployed next week, so if you have a
Translatewiki account and it hasn't been translated to your language,
you could take a look at
https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&group=ext-echo&filter=&language=en&action=translate)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #35 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F35&action=page
>
> This is a fairly long issue, but I think it has a number of important
> updates – asking for feedback on local overrides for global
> preferences, syntax highlighting, notifications when someone tries and
> fails to log in to your account, ability to block others from pinging
> you.
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #35 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F35&action=page

This was a very long issue, but it had several items I think it's
important to give the communities information about, so thank you,
everyone who nevertheless translated! It is deeply appreciated. The
newsletter has now been delivered (in 13 languages) to 744 pages
across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #35 (2017)

Vira Motorko
<3

--
Vira Motorko // Віра Моторко
Wikimedia Ukraine nonprofit organisation // ГО «Вікімедіа Україна»

If this email is about your daily job and it reaches you outside of the working hours, please, feel free to answer when it's appropriate! // Якщо це робочий лист і Ви отримали його не в робочий час, будь ласка, відповідайте, коли вважаєте за потрібне!

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F35&action=page

This was a very long issue, but it had several items I think it's
important to give the communities information about, so thank you,
everyone who nevertheless translated! It is deeply appreciated. The
newsletter has now been delivered (in 13 languages) to 744 pages
across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #35 (2017)

Pols12
Hi!
Link to mediawiki web site in MediaWiki:Echo-pref-notifications-blacklist should probably be prefixed by “Special:MyLanguage/”.

Regards,
Pols12

<3

--
Vira Motorko // Віра Моторко
Wikimedia Ukraine nonprofit organisation // ГО «Вікімедіа Україна»
mobile: <a href="tel:+380%2066%20774%200499" value="+380667740499" target="_blank">+380667740499 | facebook: vira.motorko | wikipedia: Ата