Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F36&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F36&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

Manuel Tassi
In italian i have translated the "Future changes" title, but there are no news in that paragraph.

Manuel Tassi

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F36&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
Mea culpa, "future news" should have been removed earlier.

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Manuel Tassi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In italian i have translated the "Future changes" title, but there are no
> news in that paragraph.
>
> Manuel Tassi

>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/36
>> >
>> > Direct translation link:
>> >
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F36&action=page
>> >
>> > I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
>> > Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
>> > wikis in that language. Deadlines:
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>>
>> The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
>> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
>> safely.
>>
>> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

Christian
They should be:

Changes later this week
  • New filters for edit review is a beta feature to improve recent changes pages. It will work on watchlists from 5 September. [4]
  • Octicons-sync.svg The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 5 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 6 September. It will be on all wikis from 7 September (calendar).

De : Manuel Tassi <[hidden email]>
À : Wikimedia Translators <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Samedi 2 septembre 2017 13h36
Objet : Re: [Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

In italian i have translated the "Future changes" title, but there are no news in that paragraph.

Manuel Tassi

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/ wiki/Tech/News/2017/36
>
> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/ index.php?title=Special: Translate&group=page-Tech% 2FNews%2F2017%2F36&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/ wiki/Tech/News/For_ contributors#The_deadlines

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

Manuel Tassi
Don't worry :D

Manuel Tassi

Mea culpa, "future news" should have been removed earlier.

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Manuel Tassi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In italian i have translated the "Future changes" title, but there are no
> news in that paragraph.
>
> Manuel Tassi

>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/36
>> >
>> > Direct translation link:
>> >
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F36&action=page
>> >
>> > I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
>> > Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
>> > wikis in that language. Deadlines:
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>>
>> The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
>> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
>> safely.
>>
>> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F36&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, I appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 17 languages) to 750 pages across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson