Ready for early translation: Tech News #43 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #43 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F43&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #43 (2017)

Haytham Abulela ALY

Hi Johan,

I have noticed that recently reviewed recurrent translation segments do not show in the suggestions side. For example, "Changes later this week" was not included in the template that was translated long time ago. But currently it has been added to the frequently used blocks of text, and has been reviewed several instances before and accordingly I think it should show in the suggestions side. I believe that reviewed segments become suggestions, but I do not know if there is a minimum number of reviewing persons that should be met to make a translation segment a suggestion. If my previous statement is true, this might indicate an issue with translation memory. Please feel free to clarify or correct any of the above statements if required.

Regards,

Haytham Abulela Aly

Freelance Translator
Creative Translation
"Creative & Confident"

Certified member of the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC) (EN>AR)
Arab Professional Translators' Society member (#10850)
Certified member at Egyptian Translators Association (EGYTA)
Registered at ProZ.com and LinkedIn.com
On 19/10/2017 9:16 AM, Johan Jönsson wrote:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F43&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

//Johan Jönsson

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #43 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
Hey Haytham,

Thanks for asking. Niklas, can you comment on this?

//Johan Jönsson

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Haytham,
>
> Thanks for asking. Niklas, can you comment on this?

Quoting Niklas:

"I'm not aware of any changes that could cause this one. Could just be
general known issue with the translation memory."

So if I understand it correctly, it's probably one of the issues we're
aware of and hope to get better but know no easy fix for.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F43&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #43 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F43&action=page

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter has now been delivered (in 16 languages) to 756 pages across wikis.

I forgot to move the translations of the item I had promised to move; I see you did so yourselves. My apologies – not that I imagine it was a heavy burden, but for saying I would do something and than not doing it.

//Johan Jönsson