Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F44&action=page

I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
wikis in that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, I appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

Please do tell me if there's anything I can help you with.)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F44&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Anoop Rao
Hello

How can i change header of Tech News in local wiki (it does post english header <Tech News: 2017-43>) from

Tech News: 2017-43 to ಟೆಕ್ ಸುದ್ದಿ/೨೦೧೭-೪೩

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 9:21 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F44&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Thanks

Anoop Rao

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
Hi Anoop,

Unfortunately, you can't. This is due to the limitations of the tool
(MassMessage) that's used to distribute the newsletter.

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> How can i change header of Tech News in local wiki (it does post english
> header <Tech News: 2017-43>) from
>
> Tech News: 2017-43 to ಟೆಕ್ ಸುದ್ದಿ/೨೦೧೭-೪೩
>

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 9:21 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/44
>> >
>> > Direct translation link:
>> >
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F44&action=page
>>
>> The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
>> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
>> safely.
>>
>> //Johan Jönsson
>> --

> Thanks
>
> Anoop Rao

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Anoop Rao
Ok thanks, may be in future it could be useful if header could be in local language

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anoop,

Unfortunately, you can't. This is due to the limitations of the tool
(MassMessage) that's used to distribute the newsletter.

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> How can i change header of Tech News in local wiki (it does post english
> header <Tech News: 2017-43>) from
>
> Tech News: 2017-43 to ಟೆಕ್ ಸುದ್ದಿ/೨೦೧೭-೪೩
>

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 9:21 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/44
>> >
>> > Direct translation link:
>> >
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F44&action=page
>>
>> The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
>> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
>> safely.
>>
>> //Johan Jönsson
>> --

> Thanks
>
> Anoop Rao

Thanks

Anoop Rao

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Anoop Rao
And i think its best add at which channels the IRC meetup of Editing team & Technical Advice team held.

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok thanks, may be in future it could be useful if header could be in local language

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anoop,

Unfortunately, you can't. This is due to the limitations of the tool
(MassMessage) that's used to distribute the newsletter.

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> How can i change header of Tech News in local wiki (it does post english
> header <Tech News: 2017-43>) from
>
> Tech News: 2017-43 to ಟೆಕ್ ಸುದ್ದಿ/೨೦೧೭-೪೩
>

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 9:21 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/44
>> >
>> > Direct translation link:
>> >
>> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F44&action=page
>>
>> The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
>> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
>> safely.
>>
>> //Johan Jönsson
>> --

> Thanks
>
> Anoop Rao

Thanks

Anoop Rao

--
Thanks

Anoop Rao

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2017%2F44&action=page
>
> I'm planning to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e.
> Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the
> wikis in that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 17 languages) to 761 pages across wikis.

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And i think its best add at which channels the IRC meetup of Editing team &
> Technical Advice team held.

To the item itself and not a link away, you mean? The reason I've kept
relying in this information being available at the place we link to to
read more is that you'd also need information about which IRC network
we use, ad possibly what IRC is and how to connect, and that it'd risk
turning into a very long recurrent item.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #44 (2017)

Anoop Rao
For my information in which IRC channels those editing and technical team meetings held, I would like to join in if possible regularly

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 3:18 AM, Anoop Rao <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For my information in which IRC channels those editing and technical team
> meetings held, I would like to join in if possible regularly

Right. So it's #wikimedia-tech on irc.freenode.net, as stated (channel
name at least, and link to join from the web interface) on
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Technical_Advice_IRC_Meeting which the
news item links to. Maybe we should make that more obvious.

//Johan Jönsson