Ready for early translation: Tech News #51 (2018)

Ready for early translation: Tech News #51 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2
Last issue of 2019!

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F51&action=page

Nick (Quiddity) will send out the newsletter on Monday afternoon
(UTC), i.e. Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be
posted on the wikis inthat language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday – I've left one reminder without
translate tags that should be added tomorrow – but the existing
content should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on
Friday in any case.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #51 (2018)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 9:41 PM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Last issue of 2019!

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2018%2F51&action=page
>
> Nick (Quiddity) will send out the newsletter on Monday afternoon
> (UTC), i.e. Monday morning PT. The existing translations will be
> posted on the wikis inthat language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a more edits by Friday – I've left one reminder without
> translate tags that should be added tomorrow – but the existing
> content should generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on
> Friday in any case.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

Thank you, everyone, for your translations. They're what makes it
possible for the movement to keep track of what's happening, warning
editors about problems they might encounter and telling them about
tools that might make their lives easier. Wouldn't be possible without
you, and it's a privilege to get to write this newsletter together
with you. See you in 2019, for those of you who keep to that calendar.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for early translation: Tech News #51 (2018)

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 7:24 AM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 9:41 PM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Last issue of 2019!

Thank you, everyone, for your translations. They're what makes it
possible for the movement to keep track of what's happening, warning
editors about problems they might encounter and telling them about
tools that might make their lives easier. Wouldn't be possible without
you, and it's a privilege to get to write this newsletter together
with you. See you in 2019, for those of you who keep to that calendar.

//Johan Jönsson

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter has now been delivered (in 18 languages) to 805 pages across wikis.

--
Nick Wilson (Quiddity)