Ready for translation: Tech News #26 (2019)

Ready for translation: Tech News #26 (2019)

Johan Jönsson-2

Not much in there right now, but tomorrow there should be at least
added item about https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T226109 – just
waiting to know a bit more before we add it, to not waste anyone's
time.

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2019%2F26&action=page

I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. Nick (Quiddity) will let you know on
Friday in any case.

Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for translation: Tech News #26 (2019)

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:56 PM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2019%2F26&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final.
Three new items have been added since yesterday.
There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Re: Ready for translation: Tech News #26 (2019)

Shweta Yadav-2
There seems to be some problem saving the translations for the new items.

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 at 12:45 AM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity) <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:56 PM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2019%2F26&action=page

The text of the newsletter is now final.
Three new items have been added since yesterday.
There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Regards
Dr Shweta Yadav
Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Re: Ready for translation: Tech News #26 (2019)

Sylvain Chiron
Le 21/06/2019 à 22:53, Shweta Yadav a écrit :
> There seems to be some problem saving the translations for the new items.

Yep, that same bug I talked about recently, see here:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2019-June/004892.html

Apparently you have to wait for more like a few hours than like a few
minutes… Fortunately in my case I have the whole weekend.

Regards,

Sylvain

> On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 at 12:45 AM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
>
>     On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:56 PM Johan Jönsson
>
>         The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
>         https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2019/26
>
>         Direct translation link:
>         https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2019%2F26&action=page
>

>     The text of the newsletter is now final.
>     Three new items have been added since yesterday.
>     There won't be any more changes; you can translate safely. I hope
>     you have a lovely weekend.

> Regards
> Dr Shweta Yadav
> Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Re: Ready for translation: Tech News #26 (2019)

Johan Jönsson-2
Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 17 languages) to 835 pages across wikis.