Ready for translation: Tech News #28 (2020)

Ready for translation: Tech News #28 (2020)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2020%2F28&action=page

I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for translation: Tech News #28 (2020)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 12:11 AM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2020%2F28&action=page
>
> I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> case.
>
> Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> If I can help you with anything, please ask!

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for translation: Tech News #28 (2020)

Johan Jönsson-2
Hi everyone, terribly sorry about this, I really dislike when it
happens, but there was a late addition in the form of a security issue
which means an extension is currently disabled. I'll hold off another
four hours with the delivery to give people a chance to translate.

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 5:26 PM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 12:11 AM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2020/28
> >
> > Direct translation link:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2020%2F28&action=page
> >
> > I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> > morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> > that language. Deadlines:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
> >
> > There may be more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> > generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> > case.
> >
> > Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> > always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
> >
> > (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
> >
> > If I can help you with anything, please ask!
>
> The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
> since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
> safely.
>
> //Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for translation: Tech News #28 (2020)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 5:26 PM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 12:11 AM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2020%2F28&action=page
>
> I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> case.
>
> Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> If I can help you with anything, please ask!

The text of the newsletter is now final. No new items have been added
since yesterday. There won't be any more changes; you can translate
safely.

//Johan Jönsson

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter has now been delivered (in 19 languages) across wikis.

Yet again my apologies to those of you who ended up with partly done translations – I really try to avoid situations like these, and typically refuse if someone missed the deadline for adding their new thing, but bugs don't respect schedules and I don't want to keep the communities unaware of something being broken for a week.

//Johan Jönsson