Ready for translation: Tech News #41 (2019)

Ready for translation: Tech News #41 (2019)

Johan Jönsson-2

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2019%2F41&action=page

I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
that language. Deadlines:

There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
case.

Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
always, we appreciate your help and feedback.

(If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:

If I can help you with anything, please ask!)

One item is about an ongoing problem. To make sure I don't have to
send that item out in English if it's fixed over the weekend or on
Monday, I've tried to keep it really short and easy to translate and
instead added two items: one in case it's solved when I send it out,
one if it isn't. I'll remove the one that should be removed on Monday
before distributing the newsletter, at the latest.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: Ready for translation: Tech News #41 (2019)

Johan Jönsson-2
On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 2:01 AM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Direct translation link:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2019%2F41&action=page
>
> I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> that language. Deadlines:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
>
> There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> case.
>
> Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
>
> (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
>
> If I can help you with anything, please ask!)
>
> One item is about an ongoing problem. To make sure I don't have to
> send that item out in English if it's fixed over the weekend or on
> Monday, I've tried to keep it really short and easy to translate and
> instead added two items: one in case it's solved when I send it out,
> one if it isn't. I'll remove the one that should be removed on Monday
> before distributing the newsletter, at the latest.

The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
since yesterday and one has been updated. There won't be any more
changes; you can translate safely.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 4:01 PM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 2:01 AM Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The latest tech newsletter is ready for early translation:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2019/41
> >
> > Direct translation link:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Tech%2FNews%2F2019%2F41&action=page
> >
> > I plan to send the newsletter on Monday afternoon (UTC), i.e. Monday
> > morning PT. The existing translations will be posted on the wikis in
> > that language. Deadlines:
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/For_contributors#The_deadlines
> >
> > There may be a more edits by Friday but the existing content should
> > generally remain fairly stable. I will let you know on Friday in any
> > case.
> >
> > Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. As
> > always, we appreciate your help and feedback.
> >
> > (If you haven't translated Tech News previously, see this email:
> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2017-January/003773.html
> >
> > If I can help you with anything, please ask!)
> >
> > One item is about an ongoing problem. To make sure I don't have to
> > send that item out in English if it's fixed over the weekend or on
> > Monday, I've tried to keep it really short and easy to translate and
> > instead added two items: one in case it's solved when I send it out,
> > one if it isn't. I'll remove the one that should be removed on Monday
> > before distributing the newsletter, at the latest.
>
> The text of the newsletter is now final. One new item has been added
> since yesterday and one has been updated. There won't be any more
> changes; you can translate safely.

Thank you all for your help! It is deeply appreciated. The newsletter
has now been delivered (in 16 languages) across wikis.

//Johan Jönsson