Recent growth of wikidatawiki.imagelinks table size

Recent growth of wikidatawiki.imagelinks table size

wp mirror
Dear list members,

I have noticed a recent growth in the dump files for the
`wikidatawiki.imagelinks' table:

wikidatawiki-20140912-imagelinks.sql.gz 253K
wikidatawiki-20141009-imagelinks.sql.gz 1.8M
wikidatawiki-20141106-imagelinks.sql.gz 5.5M
wikidatawiki-20141205-imagelinks.sql.gz 11.9M

Does anyone know the cause?

Sincerely Yours,
Kent

Re: Recent growth of wikidatawiki.imagelinks table size

Aaron Schulz
Maybe pages using some of the properties at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikidata have  links that are tracking in the parser output from rendering wikidata pages. If so, then they'd go in the imagelinks table and globalimagelinks too. This could be useful for checking usage before deleting/moving commons files.

Re: Recent growth of wikidatawiki.imagelinks table size

Daniel Kinzler
I think that'S around the time we started tracking properties using the
CommonsMedia data type as image links (which they effectively are, even though
we currently don't embed the images on the page). These entries would show in
imagelinks only after the item was edited again, so the grows would be gradual,
as seen here.

I'm not sure this is the cause, but it does look like it.
EntityParserOutputGenerator::addImageLinksToParserOutput was apparently created
in September.

-- daniel