Recover Pages

[GNC] Gerald Weber
Hi all,

we were forces to reinstall one of our webservers which contained
a mediawiki 1.5.0 installation using mysql for storage.
The Database was saved using mysqlhotcopy every day with a cronjob.

After reinstalling all services,i copied back to wikidb to the mysql
data dir...surfing to the webpage of our wiki gave me a "cannot find
wikidb.pages" error.

i realized that the installation missed 4 files:
(well,only the .frm files where in the directory,.MYD and .MYI were gone..)

page
pagelinks
revision
user_groups

all other tables are correct.

As i understand the structure of wiki,the text of the pages is stored in
the "text" table and page and pagelinks.

Is there a way to recover our wiki using the text table (and other
tables if necessary) ?

I really don't have a clue why mysqlhotcopy missed the .MYD and .MYI files.

any ideas ?

thanks for help,
gw

Re: Recover Pages

Rob Church
With the text table, you have the text of the pages, but sadly,
without the revision table, you don't have much chance of linking text
to pages. If you had the revision table, you could cobble the page
table together using the rev_page field in that. The text table
doesn't contain any useful foreign keys.

Rob Church