Redirecting without hard-coding the wiki name?

Redirecting without hard-coding the wiki name?

Daniel Barrett-3
What's the right way to redirect to an article in the "project"
namespace without hard-coding the wiki name? Neither {{ns:project}} nor
{{SITENAME}} works:

#REDIRECT [[{{SITENAME}}:My page]]
#REDIRECT [[{{ns:project}}:My page]]

Instead of accomplishing a redirect, they merely render the text:

1. REDIRECT MyWikiName:My page

as if the "#" were a numbered list symbol.

Thanks,
DanB

action=render options ?

Hiram Clawson
Good Morning MediaWiki Fans:

Let's say I'm fetching rendered pages from the wiki
with the action=render option in the URL.  Is there
a configuration or option in the URL that will tell
the renderer to include full URL's to included images
from the wiki itself ?  Currently I'm seeing relative
URL references to the local images which doesn't help
much if this is being displayed elsewhere.

Thanks for all your assistance,

--Hiram

Re: Redirecting without hard-coding the wiki name?

Benjamin Lees
On 4/16/08, Daniel Barrett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What's the right way to redirect to an article in the "project"
> namespace without hard-coding the wiki name? Neither {{ns:project}} nor
> {{SITENAME}} works:
>
> #REDIRECT [[{{SITENAME}}:My page]]
> #REDIRECT [[{{ns:project}}:My page]]
>
> Instead of accomplishing a redirect, they merely render the text:
>
> 1.      REDIRECT MyWikiName:My page
>
> as if the "#" were a numbered list symbol.
>
> Thanks,
> DanB

Project: is aliased to the project namespace, so you can just say:
#redirect [[Project:My page]]

--
Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com

Re: action=render options ?

Platonides
Hiram Clawson wrote:

> Good Morning MediaWiki Fans:
>
> Let's say I'm fetching rendered pages from the wiki
> with the action=render option in the URL.  Is there
> a configuration or option in the URL that will tell
> the renderer to include full URL's to included images
> from the wiki itself ?  Currently I'm seeing relative
> URL references to the local images which doesn't help
> much if this is being displayed elsewhere.
>
> Thanks for all your assistance,
>
> --Hiram

There's a bug about it which i can't find at this moment
at bugzilla.
You can workaround the problem by using a full url for
the repository on the rendered wiki.

WYSIWYG editor

Mehnaz Adnan

Hi All,

I want to use any easy to install WYSIWYG editor in my mediawiki. I found
Wikiwyg extension but it seems to be complicated to install. Any one has any
idea of another such extension or any one can help me in installing Wikiwyg
extension.

Thanks

Mehnaz

Re: WYSIWYG editor

Sullivan, James (NIH/CIT) [C]

I've installed the FCKeditor extension on our wikis but its very buggy
so I inform our users that if they want to stop using it they can set
their preferences so they do not use it (and instead get the default
Mediawiki wikitext editor) by going into the Misc tab in their
preferences page and selecting "Rich text, disable globally".

The reason I offer FCKeditor is because it makes tasks such as creating
tables simple and easy.  My hope is the bugs, of which there are many,
are fixed soon.  FCKeditor has come out with a new version and I am
anxiously awaiting the Mediawiki extension of the FCKeditor to include
the new version, which it currently does not.

If anyone has a better recommendation than FCKeditor for a wysiwyg
editor, please let us know.  I also checked out Wikiwyg and found it
wanting.

-Jim

Re: WYSIWYG editor

Dave Sigafoos
If your primary reason is for tables editing .. you might look at
TableEdit extension at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TableEdit

It works pretty nicely and gives the user all they really need to edit a
table.  As with any other extension it isn't everything I could want but
then my extension probably doesn't float every user's boat either <G>.

Jim Hu is pretty responsive to any problems and ideas.

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy
206-770-5585