Reg conference papers of wikimania

Nahil Jain
Hi all,

I am a newbie in wikimania community. I would like to contribute in whatever way I can to community and its projects.

I want to know where can i find papers presented in previous years wikimania.
I would also like to know about various projects in which I can contribute .
 I am an undergraduate student in Computer Science in India and I have strong command over python,C,C++ , sed ,Awk . I have downloaded new dumps of wikipedia and processed them. While going through various articles I came to know about this community and mailing list.

Regards,
Nahil Jain
Undergraduate Student,
IIIT Hyderabad,India

Re: Reg conference papers of wikimania

Mariano Cecowski

You can see the videos of the presentations for Wikimania 2009.

http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

> I am a newbie in wikimania community. I would like to
> contribute in whatever way I can to community and its
> projects.
>
> I want to know where can i find papers presented in
> previous years wikimania.
> I would also like to know about various projects in which I
> can contribute .
>

>  I am an undergraduate student in Computer Science in
> India and I have strong command over python,C,C++ , sed ,Awk
> . I have downloaded new dumps of wikipedia and processed
> them. While going through various articles I came to know
> about this community and mailing list.
>

> Regards,
> Nahil Jain
> Undergraduate Student,
> IIIT Hyderabad,India
>

> -----Adjunto en línea a continuación-----

      Yahoo! Cocina

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

Re: Reg conference papers of wikimania

Philippe Beaudette-2
Many of the presentations are available on commons too.. Email me
offlist if u need help finding.   Philippe

----------------------------
Philippe Beaudette
[hidden email]

On Oct 10, 2009, at 7:59 PM, Mariano Cecowski <[hidden email]
 > wrote:

> You can see the videos of the presentations for Wikimania 2009.
>
> http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Cormac Lawler
Hi Nahil, welcome. :-) Answers inline below.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Nahil Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am a newbie in wikimania community. I would like to contribute in whatever way I can to community and its projects.

I want to know where can i find papers presented in previous years wikimania.

2008: http://www.kaltura.com/devwiki/index.php/Wikimania_Sessions (Kaltura? Are these not archived somewhere on Wikimedia servers?)
And Mariano gave the link for 2009 ;-)

I would also like to know about various projects in which I can contribute .

Cormac

Re: Reg conference papers of wikimania

George Chriss-2

I could use help with OpenMeeings.org, a new community project centered
around engaging video as a high-impact medium.  I've created a working
outline of the work needed:

http://openmeetings.org/wiki/OMwiki:Tech

Many of these items take away time I could be devoting towards other areas
in desperate need of attention (WM '06 *cough* *cough*).

Sincerely,
George (User:GChriss)