RegioWikiCamp - September 25-27, Germany

RegioWikiCamp - September 25-27, Germany

Brianna Laugher
Hi,

I just heard about an unconference event called "RegioWikiCamp". I
imagine it will be of interest to lots of folks living near Germany
(if you are not all conferenced out after Wikimania!).

http://wiki.regiowiki.eu/RegioWikiCamp_2009

"It will be from September 25th to 27th. The event is located in
Furtwangen the middle of the beautiful Black Forest in Germany. It is
organised by the European Regiowiki Society, location host is the
faculty of Digital Media of the Furtwangen University of Applied
Science."

I see that some of the attendees include WMDE, Wikia and Semantic
MediaWiki, so it must not be a completely unknown event, although I
didn't find it mentioned on these lists yet.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: RegioWikiCamp - September 25-27, Germany

Manuel Schneider-3
Hi Brianna and *,

Am Montag, 31. August 2009 16:17:24 schrieb Brianna Laugher:
> "It will be from September 25th to 27th. The event is located in
> Furtwangen the middle of the beautiful Black Forest in Germany. It is
> organised by the European Regiowiki Society, location host is the
> faculty of Digital Media of the Furtwangen University of Applied
> Science."

While I will definitely not go there, this is not far from my place.

If you need a hub to get there - feel free to contact me.
Unfortunately Furtwangen is a very remote place right in the middle of the
black forest.
While nice during summer in winter they have got the highest suicidal rate at
the university there as you're really stuck in a dark valley up there with
not many possibilities to do something or to get somewhere.

Ways to get there:
By train from Switzerland, Germany, France
via Basel (national stations for all three national railways)
via ICE to Offenburg
via RE to Triberg
then bus to Furtwangen

By aircraft fly to EuroAirport Basel/Freiburg/Mulhouse IATA BSL/MLH/EAP
take the swiss exit
via Bus line 50 to Basel SBB
then via train as described above

Alternatively there is also a small airport "Baden Airport" near Karlsruhe and
Baden-Baden, but there is only a bus line to Baden-Baden (where you can also
pick an RE to Triberg).

--
Regards
Manuel Schneider