Relocating to a virtual domain

Dennis Carr
OK, so I have this wiki:

http://chez-vrolet.net/octawiki

...but, if I try to direct to this using http://octa.chez-vrolet.net, I
get...well, undesirable results - namely, a 404.

Changing $wgScriptPath to "/" will get the text only version of the
main page, but little else, and the login URL will direct to something
like "http://login.php/morestuffhere".

Since the former URL works just fine, I'm leaving it as is for now, but
if I intend to move this to the latter URL, what do I need to alter to
get it to behave correctly?

Thanks,
-Dennis Carr

Re: Relocating to a virtual domain

MHart
Rename LocalSettings.php to :LocalSettings.php.old
Copy in a fresh install of the MediaWiki scripts
Run through the install (it won't delete anything)
Copy any changes you made in the old LocalSettings to the new one.

- MHart

> get...well, undesirable results - namely, a 404.
>
> Changing $wgScriptPath to "/" will get the text only version of the
> main page, but little else, and the login URL will direct to something
> like "http://login.php/morestuffhere".
>
> Since the former URL works just fine, I'm leaving it as is for now, but
> if I intend to move this to the latter URL, what do I need to alter to
> get it to behave correctly?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dennis Carr

Re: Relocating to a virtual domain

Rob Church
Be sure to delete the old LocalSettings file afterwards or make it
otherwise inaccessible, otherwise someone can read the file as plain
text and steal database connection info. It might also be wise to
rename it to something with a .php extension in the first place, e.g.
LocalSettings.old.php, which will help avoid this.

Rob Church