Quantcast

Reminder: Account expiry and migration

Silke Meyer
Hi all!

Just a little reminder:

Your toolserver accounts will expire on January 6th, 2014. You can renew
it with acctrenew as usual.

If you had an expired account and you want to come back and collect your
data: Your account has been reactivated until that date. You can login
to nightshade and use the script "byebye" to collect your stuff. It will
create a new directory inside your home directory called FarewellBundle.
This directory contains tarballs of almost everything you had on the
toolserver. The only thing you have to take care of separately is your
stuff in /mnt/user-store. Please download the data you don't need on the
toolserver any longer!

If you don't need your account any longer you can delete it using the
script "burnbridges". It will delete everything but your
~/public_html/.htaccess files in case you have a redirect to Tool Labs.
For us, it would be very helpful if you deleted you data yourselves.

If you find some time before January 6th, please consider migrating your
tools to Tool Labs [1][2], as the toolserver will be discontinued in mid
2014. If you hit barriers that prevent you from migrating, please create
bugs in Bugzilla [3]! We can meet in an IRC office hour in January to
discuss them. The office hour will be announced separately at the
beginning of January.

Best, Silke

[1] http://tools.wmflabs.org/
[2] Tool Labs Help:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Tools/Help
[3]
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Wikimedia%20Labs&component=tools

--
Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration

Aaron Halfaker-2
Thanks for the reminder Silke.  I'm failing to run the "byebye" script.  Should be able to run it from willow?

grphack@willow:~$ byebye
-bash: byebye: command not found

grphack@willow:/usr/bin$ which byebye
byebye not found in /sge/GE/bin/sol-amd64:/opt/local/bin:/opt/ts/gnu/bin:/opt/ts/bin:/opt/ts/sbin:/opt/ts/mysql/5.1/bin:/opt/ts/perl/5.12/bin:/opt/ts/perl/5/bin:/opt/ts/python/2.7/bin:/opt/ts/php/5.3/bin:/opt/ts/ruby/1.8/bin:/opt/ts/tcl/8.5/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/sge/GE/bin/sol-amd64:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/sfw/bin:/opt/ts/postgres/9.0/bin:/usr/cluster/bin:/opt/jobserver/bin:/home/grphack/bin

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Silke Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer <a href="tel:27%2F681%2F51985" value="+12768151985">27/681/51985.

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration

Wolfgang Faust

byebye and burnbridges are local to nightshade for some reason. You'll have to connect to nightshade.toolserver.org to run them.

On Dec 20, 2013 10:35 AM, "Aaron Halfaker" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer <a href="tel:27%2F681%2F51985" value="+12768151985" target="_blank">27/681/51985.

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration

Maciej Jaros
Silke Meyer (2013-12-20 15:01):
Hi all!

Just a little reminder:

Your toolserver accounts will expire on January 6th, 2014. You can renew
it with acctrenew as usual.

If you had an expired account and you want to come back and collect your
data: Your account has been reactivated until that date. You can login
to nightshade and use the script "byebye" to collect your stuff. It will
create a new directory inside your home directory called FarewellBundle.
This directory contains tarballs of almost everything you had on the
toolserver. The only thing you have to take care of separately is your
stuff in /mnt/user-store. Please download the data you don't need on the
toolserver any longer!

Two questions:
  1. Will "byebye" only collect data and not delete it or will it also delete data or remove/expire my account? In other words - can I just run it and continue to use Toolserver (until I decide to move)?
  2. Does the script include svn backup or do I have to get it separately? If I have to get it separately - can I do it by myself and how?

Regards,
Nux.

On Dec 21, 2013 12:06 PM, "Maciej Jaros" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Two questions:
> Will "byebye" only collect data and not delete it or will it also delete data or remove/expire my account? In other words - can I just run it and continue to use Toolserver (until I decide to move)?
"Byebye" creates a tarball and does nothing else. Use "burnbridges" to delete your data and expire the account.
> Does the script include svn backup or do I have to get it separately? If I have to get it separately - can I do it by myself and how?
Looking at the script, it doesn't seem to do SVN; I don't know how you would download that. (I don't use it, myself.)

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration

Merlijn van Deen

On 21 December 2013 18:06, Maciej Jaros <[hidden email]> wrote:
  1. Does the script include svn backup or do I have to get it separately? If I have to get it separately - can I do it by myself and how?

svnadmin create svnroot
echo -e '#!/bin/sh\necho 0;\n' > svnroot/hooks/pre-revprop-change && chmod 755 svnroot/hooks/pre-revprop-change
svnsync init file://$PWD/svnroot http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/pywikipedia
svnsync sync file://$PWD/svnroot

of course, adapt  http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/pywikipedia to your own svn repository address.

Merlijn

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration

Tim Landscheidt
Silke Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just a little reminder:

> Your toolserver accounts will expire on January 6th, 2014. You can renew
> it with acctrenew as usual.

> If you had an expired account and you want to come back and collect your
> data: Your account has been reactivated until that date. You can login
> to nightshade and use the script "byebye" to collect your stuff. It will
> create a new directory inside your home directory called FarewellBundle.
> This directory contains tarballs of almost everything you had on the
> toolserver. The only thing you have to take care of separately is your
> stuff in /mnt/user-store. Please download the data you don't need on the
> toolserver any longer!

> [...]

It would be very nice in this festive season if someone
could resolve the pending JIRA requests for lost and changed
SSH keys first
(cf. <https://jira.toolserver.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+TS+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+component+%3D+Accounts+ORDER+BY+created+DESC>).

Tim

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration

Marlen Caemmerer-3
On Mon, 23 Dec 2013, Tim Landscheidt wrote:

> It would be very nice in this festive season if someone
> could resolve the pending JIRA requests for lost and changed
> SSH keys first
> (cf. <https://jira.toolserver.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+TS+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+component+%3D+Accounts+ORDER+BY+created+DESC>).

I am working on it.

Cheers
  Marlen

Marlen Caemmerer <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> It would be very nice in this festive season if someone
>> could resolve the pending JIRA requests for lost and changed
>> SSH keys first
>> (cf. <https://jira.toolserver.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+TS+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+component+%3D+Accounts+ORDER+BY+created+DESC>).

> I am working on it.

Thanks!

Tim

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration

Silke Meyer
+1, thanks, Marlen! :)
Cheers, Silke

2013/12/24 Tim Landscheidt <[hidden email]>:

> Marlen Caemmerer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> It would be very nice in this festive season if someone
>>> could resolve the pending JIRA requests for lost and changed
>>> SSH keys first
>>> (cf. <https://jira.toolserver.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+TS+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+component+%3D+Accounts+ORDER+BY+created+DESC>).
>
>> I am working on it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim

Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration

MF-Warburg-2
It seems like byebye doesn't work for MMPs.
Running it (after confirming the question) just gives the following line as output again and again:

PHP Warning:  mkdir(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/bin/byebye on line 216

Am 24. Dezember 2013 12:50 schrieb Silke Meyer <[hidden email]>:
+1, thanks, Marlen! :)
Cheers, Silke

2013/12/24 Tim Landscheidt <[hidden email]>:
> Marlen Caemmerer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> It would be very nice in this festive season if someone
>>> could resolve the pending JIRA requests for lost and changed
>>> SSH keys first
>>> (cf. <https://jira.toolserver.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+TS+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+component+%3D+Accounts+ORDER+BY+created+DESC>).
>
>> I am working on it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim

Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das
Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer <a href="tel:27%2F681%2F51985" value="+12768151985">27/681/51985.

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration - I just deleted my account

Michael Andersen-3
Imagecopy.py + imagecopy_self.py + tag_nowcommons.py are still not working (for me) on labs but I'm sure it will be fixed in future. So I took the hard decision to kill my account now that everything else was working.

Bye bye Toolserver... I will miss you.

Even if you get a brand new car the first car will always be something special - and Toolserver will always be something special to remember :-)

Thank you all and good luck to everyone!

A special thank you goes to DaB for everything!!!!

Cheers
Michael

[...]

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Obentrautstr. 72 | 10963 Berlin Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: Reminder: Account expiry and migration - I just deleted my account

Seb35
Similarly for me, I’ve just archived my small programs and transferred
them on github.

Thanks to the toolserver, DaB, and everyone who made it working during all
these years! I wish the labs will be as useful as the toolserver was, and
that’s not a small thing.

~ Seb35