Reminder for WMF Scholarship Recipients regarding Reports

Reminder for WMF Scholarship Recipients regarding Reports

Ellie Young
I will be sending this reminder to each scholarship recipient as well, but here’s another ping:

To: All WMF scholarship recipients who attended Wikimania (including IEG, PEG grantees)

We hope you had a great experience at Wikimania this year.

As a reminder, we would like all WMF scholarship recipients to share  something from the conference with the Wikimedia movement after the conference has ended.

Please submit your short report  on meta-wiki using the instructions and input box provided here:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS/Wikimania_scholars#Reporting

Note that the deadline to submit your report  August 12.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you on behalf of the Foundation,

Ellie Young
Conference Coordinator

Re: Reminder for WMF Scholarship Recipients regarding Reports

Leon Liesener
Dear Ellie,

since this is a really busy month for me, I will likely not be able to
submit a report before next month.
Also, I do not understand why we are getting forced into deadlines, a
report written in big hurry will never be as valuable.

Thanks for understanding,
 Leon

> I will be sending this reminder to each scholarship recipient as well, but here’s another ping:
>
> To: All WMF scholarship recipients who attended Wikimania (including IEG, PEG grantees)
>
> We hope you had a great experience at Wikimania this year.
>
> As a reminder, we would like all WMF scholarship recipients to share  something from the conference with the Wikimedia movement after the conference has ended.
>
> Please submit your short report  on meta-wiki using the instructions and input box provided here:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS/Wikimania_scholars#Reporting
>
> Note that the deadline to submit your report  August 12.
>
> Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
>
> Thank you on behalf of the Foundation,
>

> Ellie Young
> Conference Coordinator
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Reminder for WMF Scholarship Recipients regarding Reports

Daniel Schwen-2
Well, such is life. There are deadlines. Usually because we do not exist in a vacuum all by ourselves. Other people need to plan their work as well. And while a report "written in a big hurry" may not be useful, a report written a long time after an event when your memories are not fresh anymore won't be useful either. And three weeks time for a half page report is hardly a big hurry.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:09 AM Leon Liesener <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Ellie,

since this is a really busy month for me, I will likely not be able to
submit a report before next month.
Also, I do not understand why we are getting forced into deadlines, a
report written in big hurry will never be as valuable.

Thanks for understanding,
 Leon

> I will be sending this reminder to each scholarship recipient as well, but here’s another ping:
>
> To: All WMF scholarship recipients who attended Wikimania (including IEG, PEG grantees)
>
> We hope you had a great experience at Wikimania this year.
>
> As a reminder, we would like all WMF scholarship recipients to share  something from the conference with the Wikimedia movement after the conference has ended.
>
> Please submit your short report  on meta-wiki using the instructions and input box provided here:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS/Wikimania_scholars#Reporting
>
> Note that the deadline to submit your report  August 12.
>
> Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
>
> Thank you on behalf of the Foundation,
>

> Ellie Young
> Conference Coordinator
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Reminder for WMF Scholarship Recipients regarding Reports

Isarra Yos
This is about twice the amount of time given for regular TPS grants (I
mixed them up because I couldn't find the info at the time), which only
give two weeks. The things aren't required to be long, however, just
give some info on the thing and its impact.

On 15/08/15 16:09, Leon Liesener wrote:

> Dear Ellie,
>
> since this is a really busy month for me, I will likely not be able to
> submit a report before next month.
> Also, I do not understand why we are getting forced into deadlines, a
> report written in big hurry will never be as valuable.
>
> Thanks for understanding,
>   Leon

>> I will be sending this reminder to each scholarship recipient as well, but here’s another ping:
>>
>> To: All WMF scholarship recipients who attended Wikimania (including IEG, PEG grantees)
>>
>> We hope you had a great experience at Wikimania this year.
>>
>> As a reminder, we would like all WMF scholarship recipients to share  something from the conference with the Wikimedia movement after the conference has ended.
>>
>> Please submit your short report  on meta-wiki using the instructions and input box provided here:
>>
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS/Wikimania_scholars#Reporting
>>
>> Note that the deadline to submit your report  August 12.
>>
>> Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
>>
>> Thank you on behalf of the Foundation,
>>

>> Ellie Young
>> Conference Coordinator
>> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Reminder for WMF Scholarship Recipients regarding Reports

Katie Chan
On 15/08/2015 17:09, Leon Liesener wrote:

> Also, I do not understand why we are getting forced into deadlines, a
> report written in big hurry will never be as valuable.
>
> Thanks for understanding,
>   Leon

Because (from my experience of asking for and being asked for reports),
if there's no deadlines or if the deadlines are not enforced, the
reporting wouldn't actually happen more often than not.

KTC

--
Katie Chan
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the

     - Heinrich Heine

---

Re: Reminder for WMF Scholarship Recipients regarding Reports

Ravan Jaafar
 Dear Ellie
I'm extremely sorry for the delay in writing the report
I had problems with my laptop and it was so hard to write with mobile phone.
I received my laptop today and will write it either tonight or tomorrow morning
Accept my apologies again.

Regards,
Ravan

To: All WMF scholarship recipients who attended Wikimania (including IEG, PEG grantees)