Replacement for Helm chart repository

Janis Meybohm
Hello,

We are replacing our current repository for Helm charts
(https://releases.wikimedia.org/charts/) with an instance of
ChartMuseum. The new repository index can be found at:
https://helm-charts.wikimedia.org/stable/index.yaml

Users may add/update the Helm repository config with using "helm repo
add wmf-stable https://helm-charts.wikimedia.org/stable/".

Developers may now stop the process of packaging helm charts manually,
rebuilding the index and pushing all that to git. As of now, increasing
the charts version number in Chart.yaml is sufficient to have the chart
being packaged and uploaded to ChartMuseum automatically.

We will remove the chart tgz archives from git as well as the old
repository from releases.wikimedia.org in the next week. If you
experience any issues, please feel free to reach out in
#wikimedia-serviceops.

For further details, please see:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/ChartMuseum

Cheers,

Janis Meybohm

Re: Replacement for Helm chart repository

Andrew Otto
GREAT STUFF! Thank you!

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 11:02 AM Janis Meybohm <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are replacing our current repository for Helm charts
> (https://releases.wikimedia.org/charts/) with an instance of
> ChartMuseum. The new repository index can be found at:
> https://helm-charts.wikimedia.org/stable/index.yaml
>
> Users may add/update the Helm repository config with using "helm repo
> add wmf-stable https://helm-charts.wikimedia.org/stable/".
>
> Developers may now stop the process of packaging helm charts manually,
> rebuilding the index and pushing all that to git. As of now, increasing
> the charts version number in Chart.yaml is sufficient to have the chart
> being packaged and uploaded to ChartMuseum automatically.
>
> We will remove the chart tgz archives from git as well as the old
> repository from releases.wikimedia.org in the next week. If you
> experience any issues, please feel free to reach out in
> #wikimedia-serviceops.
>
> For further details, please see:
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/ChartMuseum
>

> Cheers,
>
> Janis Meybohm

Re: Replacement for Helm chart repository

Tyler Cipriani
On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 9:02 AM Janis Meybohm <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Developers may now stop the process of packaging helm charts manually,
> rebuilding the index and pushing all that to git. As of now, increasing
> the charts version number in Chart.yaml is sufficient to have the chart
> being packaged and uploaded to ChartMuseum automatically.

This is great news! Thanks for this and the docs on wikitech :)

-- Tyler

Re: Replacement for Helm chart repository

Hugh Nowlan
This is going to make life so much easier, thanks a lot!