Report on WCI 2011

wheredevelsdare
Hi,

This is to inform those interested that User:Prad2609 and I have written a report on WCI 2011 which is public on meta [1]. A warning on queries; we probably wont answer those since Prad2609 has unsubscribed from all Wikipedia mailing lists and retired and Iv got other priorities myself.

Once again, we thank all those involved with WCI 2011 and thank the Indian Community which responsible for making it a resounding success.

Signing off,

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:WM_IN/WikiConference_India_2011/Report

Re: Report on WCI 2011

Ravishankar-3
Hi User:Prad2609 and AroundTheGlobe,

* For a report written 6 months after the event, I find it completely unprofessional and shamefully name calling. You have pushed the people who have spent thousands of hours helping to the footer while criticising all the people prominently upfront.

* Was the conference conducted by two people or the Mumbai Wikipedia community? If you two are too busy to answer questions, there should be other responsible members who can answer.

* Where can I find the finance / audit report on how the $40,000 grant and the user registration money was spent?

I don't think this report does any good for Indian Wikipedia community to organise any collaborative event in future. You should learn to assume responsibility, thank the positive help and suggest best practices instead of writing sob stories.

Ravi

Re: Report on WCI 2011

Ashwin Baindur
The report would have been written earlier, the accounts submitted to the Chapter and anything released to the Community only be done once due process at the Chapter end is over hence the time delay. If you could kindly specify which person/s spent "thousands of hours" on the WikiConference and was/were criticised then one can answer what was the rationale behind the complaints against him/her/them, if any.

AshLin

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Ravishankar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi User:Prad2609 and AroundTheGlobe,

* For a report written 6 months after the event, I find it completely unprofessional and shamefully name calling. You have pushed the people who have spent thousands of hours helping to the footer while criticising all the people prominently upfront.

* Was the conference conducted by two people or the Mumbai Wikipedia community? If you two are too busy to answer questions, there should be other responsible members who can answer.

* Where can I find the finance / audit report on how the $40,000 grant and the user registration money was spent?

I don't think this report does any good for Indian Wikipedia community to organise any collaborative event in future. You should learn to assume responsibility, thank the positive help and suggest best practices instead of writing sob stories.

Ravi

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur

Re: Report on WCI 2011

Ravishankar-3
Ashwin,

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Ashwin Baindur <[hidden email]> wrote:
The report would have been written earlier, the accounts submitted to the Chapter and anything released to the Community only be done once due process at the Chapter end is over hence the time delay.

Does that mean chapter will announce the accounts related to the conference?

If you could kindly specify which person/s spent "thousands of hours" on the WikiConference and was/were criticised then one can answer what was the rationale behind the complaints against him/her/them, if any.

How many hours together would have all the  volunteers listed at

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:WM_IN/WikiConference_India_2011/Report#Acknowledgements

spent?

While moving good words to the footer, the report goes on to criticise people who didn't help in an elaborate manner.

Ravi

Re: Report on WCI 2011

Ashwin Baindur
Hi Ravi,

Yes, the Chapter needs to release the accounts once they have done their statutory audit requirements etc. In this regard, Arjuna Rao Chawala may kindly respond.

I wish though this had all happened at least three months earlier. Bit like flogging a dead horse at the moment.

Ashwin

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Ravishankar <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Arjuna Rao Chavala-2

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Ashwin Baindur <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ravi,

Yes, the Chapter needs to release the accounts once they have done their statutory audit requirements etc. In this regard, Arjuna Rao Chawala may kindly respond.

The audit of transactions under the Chapter bank account for  Conference has begun a week back. The audit report will be shared after the audit is completed.

Regards
Arjuna Rao Chavala
President, Wikimedia India

Re: Report on WCI 2011

Arjuna Rao Chavala-2
inline..

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 5:32 AM, Arjuna Rao Chavala <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Ashwin Baindur <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ravi,

Yes, the Chapter needs to release the accounts once they have done their statutory audit requirements etc. In this regard, Arjuna Rao Chawala may kindly respond.

The audit of transactions under the Chapter bank account for  Conference has begun a week back. The audit report will be shared after the audit is completed.
Conference Receipts and Payments  is available at
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/File:MumbaiConf2011AuditedR-P-Statement.pdf

The overall chapter financial statements are given in Annual report.

Sorry it took so much time to get through these.

Cheers
Arjuna