Report on the 16th Mumbai meetup!

Karthik Nadar

Sorry for much delayed report.

On Saurday, May 15th, 2012, Wikipedians and volunteers from Mumbai attended the 16th Wikipedia Mumbai Meetup. Attendants not only worthy of being the part of discussion, but also a part of a small party as our very own contributor Karthik Nadar turned 19! We started introducing ourselves. A couple of new visitors joined the family. We continued with casual Wikipedia talks, including individual projects and project ideas.

Altogether 10 people were present at the meetup. Contributors like Animesh Kulkarni and a newbie "Ojas Patole" attended the meetup for the first time and Rudolph Furtado (a regular contributor at the Commons) for the second time, while we missed few regular attendees owing to their busy schedule. Going ahead with the Wiki project Mumbai, our focus this month would be "Chor Bazaar". We'd be going to Chor Bazaar in a weeks time for information, pictures and stuffs like that. The new Wikipedians would be a part of this project with us.

We even discussed the Nehru Planetarium project. This might take some time, but we plan to start as soon as the authorities grant us permissions. A couple of smaller projects are in the list too which are mostly on individual level (at most group of 2-3).

Towards the end everybody shared their Wikipedia experiences. We departed around 7.30 p.m. Productive day for sure. Happy too.

(With inputs from Krutikaa Jawanjal).

Regards,
Karthik Nadar.

Re: Report on the 16th Mumbai meetup!

suma addoor
Dear Karthik,

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Karthik Nadar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry for much delayed report.

On Saurday, May 15th, 2012, Wikipedians and volunteers from Mumbai attended the 16th Wikipedia Mumbai Meetup. Attendants not only worthy of being the part of discussion, but also a part of a small party as our very own contributor Karthik Nadar turned 19! We started introducing ourselves. A couple of new visitors joined the family. We continued with casual Wikipedia talks, including individual projects and project ideas.

A report on the meet-up whose date is 3 days later from today?

Please make sure such things do not happen, when you are sending a report to the mailing list which is read by hundreds of Wikipedians across India.

[...]

Cheers,
Suma

Re: Report on the 16th Mumbai meetup!

Krutikaa Jawanjal
Apologies.

Its May 5th, 2012. Thank you for the correction.

Regards,
Krutikaa.

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Suma K Addoor <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Apologies friends, its 5th May and not 15th May!

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Karthik Nadar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry for much delayed report.

On Saurday, May 5th, 2012, Wikipedians and volunteers from Mumbai attended the 16th Wikipedia Mumbai Meetup. Attendants not only worthy of being the part of discussion, but also a part of a small party as our very own contributor Karthik Nadar turned 19! We started introducing ourselves. A couple of new visitors joined the family. We continued with casual Wikipedia talks, including individual projects and project ideas.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik Nadar.

Re: Report on the 16th Mumbai meetup!

wheredevelsdare
Wrong date, Big Deal! The kid has organised something those hundreds dint, so they cant really complain. No need to be so harsh, its a miniscule error people will understand.

Kudos to Karthik and Krutikaa for taking the initiative to organise Mumbai Meetups :)