Quantcast

Request for activating the WikiTimeLine extension on wikispecies

Request for activating the WikiTimeLine extension on wikispecies

M Sz
Hi!

I think it would be a good idea to activate the WikiTimeLine MediaWiki extension in wikispecies. Here's a short description:

The MediaWiki extension WikiTimeLine version 1.0 is now released. It displays events, people, and such on an interactive timeline. Its working with JavaScript (client side, so it doesn't put load on the server) and its pretty interactive (moving around, zooming, clicking on events on the timeline). If you add WikiTimeLine tags with a start and end date to an article, you'll get a link in that article, and if you click on that link you'll add the event to the timeline. So its totally real-time. Unlike easytimeline which is creating pictures when the article is created, WikiTimeLine is controlled by the reader of the article, not the writer. So everyone can put together their own timeline to see how things went in history. It also allows ongoing events (that have not yet stopped) and alternative begin or end dates.

I think this would be a great extension for Wikispecies. Any interest in that?

greetings,
Markus

PS: Here are the links to the extension's webpages:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikiTimeLine
and
http://www.chaosreligion.com/wtl/index.php5?title=WikiTimeLine

Bloggen, posten und Dateien freigeben für Freunde und Familie - jetzt noch einfacher mit Windows Live Spaces! Hier klicken!

Re: Request for activating the WikiTimeLine extension on wikispecies

Andrew Leung-5
Dear Wikispecies mailing list members:

Let me introduce myself. I am OhanaUnited, the new administrator of
this mailing list. I am also a bureaucrat at Wikispecies. Due to the
inactiveness of previous mailing list admin, all of us received plenty
of junk and advertising emails. I have filtered out over 10 junk mails
simply on my first day of administrating this list. Since the amount of
junk mail is very high, I have turned on moderation queue, that is, all
members using this mailing list to sent email to everyone subscribed on
the list will have to wait until I approve it. It is done purely to reduce spams and in no way attempting to censor information.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me via email or Wikispecies user page.

Sincerely,

OhanaUnited