Request for translation: Foundation message regarding COVID-19

Request for translation: Foundation message regarding COVID-19

Gregory Varnum-4
Hello wonderful translators!

Late next week, the Foundation plans to send out a message to the communities thanking them for their efforts around COVID-19 and providing some additional information. To help reach a wide audience, we are spending some time translating that message:  https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/COVID-19/April_2020_-_Message_from_Wikimedia_Foundation:_Thank_you_for_your_work_during_the_COVID-19_pandemic

Any assistance any of you could provide in translating this message would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you!!
-greg

--

Gregory Varnum (pronouns - he/his/him)

Communications Strategist

Re: Request for translation: Foundation message regarding COVID-19

Siebrand Mazeland-2
On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:53 PM Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Late next week, the Foundation plans to send out a message to the communities thanking them for their efforts around COVID-19 and providing some additional information. To help reach a wide audience, we are spending some time translating that message:  https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/COVID-19/April_2020_-_Message_from_Wikimedia_Foundation:_Thank_you_for_your_work_during_the_COVID-19_pandemic

Any assistance any of you could provide in translating this message would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I've completed the translation in Dutch. I've also made three tiny corrections[1] in the source and marked those for translation.

Cheers!

--
Siebrand Mazeland

Re: Request for translation: Foundation message regarding COVID-19

Vira Motorko
Last Sunday, April 5th, we counted over 673 million pageviews in a single day across our projects, a five-year high (from when we started using these measurements), and an increase of 30.5% above the same day last year. At the time of this writing (Wednesday, April 8th) that was a new record for our projects.  On Sunday, 29 March, we counted over 650 million pageviews in a single day across our projects, a record five-year high (from when we started using these measurements), and an increase of 31.5% above the same day last year.

I find this paragraph confusing. Do we need these two almost identical sentences? Isn't "five-year high" the same as "a new record"?
Is it the text or just me?..
--
Vira Motorko // Віра Моторко
mobile: +380667740499 | facebook: vira.motorko | wikipedia: Ата

If this email is about your daily job and it reaches you outside of the working hours, please, feel free to answer when it's appropriate! // Якщо це робочий лист і Ви отримали його не в робочий час, будь ласка, відповідайте, коли вважаєте за потрібне!

сб, 11 квіт. 2020 о 00:41 Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]> пише:
[...]

Pine W
Hi Vira,

I need to preface my comments here by saying that when I've been
sleep-deprived and/or in a hurry, I've sent emails that I've later
wished were more coherent and had fewer errors.

I would recommend that Katherine rewrite that paragraph for greater
clarity and improved flow. If you want to translate the current
version of that paragraph, yes it will probably sound awkward.

So, it's not just you.

Regards,

Pine