Request for translations of Wikimedia Foundation message regarding death of Bassel Khartabil

Request for translations of Wikimedia Foundation message regarding death of Bassel Khartabil

Gregory Varnum-4
Greetings,

Below is information on a request we are making for assistance with translating the Foundation’s message regarding the death of Bassel Khartabil.

Thank you!
-greg

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Sharing sad news about Bassel
Date: August 3, 2017 at 11:43:54 PM EDT

A complete statement from the Wikimedia Foundation, made by Katherine, has been posted on the Wikimedia Blog:  https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/08/03/bassel-khartabil/

We are also asking for people’s assistance with translating this message into other languages given the global impact of these events:  https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Free_Bassel/Wikimedia_Foundation_mourns_the_loss_of_Bassel_Khartabil

The plan is to make additional information about the Foundation’s efforts to honor Bassel’s contributions and values will be available during Wikimania.

I want to join Katherine and others on this list in offering my personal condolences to all impacted by this tragic outcome.

-greg

-------
Gregory Varnum
Communications Strategist

On Aug 3, 2017, at 2:26 AM, Isaac Olatunde <[hidden email]> wrote:

Extremely sad news. May his soul continue to rest in perfect peace.

My condolence to the family.

Regards,

Isaac Olatunde.

On Aug 2, 2017 9:57 AM, "Richard Farmbrough" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

Very sad news  indeed.  Frustrating that we could not gain more social
media traction, when there is such nonsense that does.

On 2 Aug 2017 08:37, "kayode yussuf" <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is a very sad news.

Bassel will continue to be an hero in our hearts and we will take solace
in his activities in the Open movement.

Kayode Yussuf

On Aug 2, 2017, at 00:19, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2 August 2017 at 00:00, Katherine Maher <[hidden email]>
wrote:

at his article [2], and at https://freebassel.org.

This is giving an SSL error ...

- d.