Restrict username at accout creation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Restrict username at accout creation

yuriko-mediawiki
Dear All,

I'm launching an small wiki site, in a week.
I want to know how to restrict some username at account creation,
such as root, admin, wiki, user, etc.

Is there a black list of disabled user name?

--
   _ _  
  (@ @)//    IKEDA Yuriko        http://www.yuriko.net/
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Restrict username at accout creation

Rob Church
On 25/04/06, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm launching an small wiki site, in a week.
> I want to know how to restrict some username at account creation,
> such as root, admin, wiki, user, etc.
>
> Is there a black list of disabled user name?

There is a Username Blacklist extension available for MediaWiki 1.5.8
and above, which can be downloaded from
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/UsernameBlacklist.
See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Username_Blacklist for more
details.

This allows the creation of a simple but flexible regular expression
blacklist for usernames.


Rob Church
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Restrict username at accout creation

yuriko-mediawiki
Hello, Rob

> There is a Username Blacklist extension available for MediaWiki 1.5.8
> and above, which can be downloaded from
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/UsernameBlacklist.
> See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Username_Blacklist for more
> details.

I've set up the extension to my MediaWiki-1.6.3 site.
It seems to work well!!
Thank you for your information.

--
   _ _  
  (@ @)//    IKEDA Yuriko        http://www.yuriko.net/
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Restrict username at accout creation

Gary Kirk
In reply to this post by Rob Church
Or alternatively you could create these accounts yourself, leaving a
notice to say they are blacklisted...?

On 4/25/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25/04/06, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I'm launching an small wiki site, in a week.
> > I want to know how to restrict some username at account creation,
> > such as root, admin, wiki, user, etc.
> >
> > Is there a black list of disabled user name?
>
> There is a Username Blacklist extension available for MediaWiki 1.5.8
> and above, which can be downloaded from
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/UsernameBlacklist.
> See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Username_Blacklist for more
> details.
>
> This allows the creation of a simple but flexible regular expression
> blacklist for usernames.
>
>
> Rob Church
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>


--
Gary Kirk
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l