Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Jadine Lannon
Hello,

We are pleased to announce the results of the hiring of Programme
Director for CIS's A2K programme. After a lengthy four month process,
Mr. Vishnu Vardhan, who posted his essay onto the mailing list under the
alias Nee Davis, was offered the position on January 13th, 2013, which
he has accepted. He will be taking on the responsibilities of Programme
Director in early February, 2013, and he hopes to be fully transitioned
into this position by the end of February.

The entire CIS team and Mr. Vardhan would like to thank the Wikimedia
community for their interaction and input, particularly during the
public stage of the hiring. We look forwards to working with you all as
the A2K project continues.

Thank you,

Jadine

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Santhosh Thottingal-2
Thanks for the announcement. Jadine, can you also write a short note
on the personal profile of Mr. Vishnu Vardhan?

Thanks
Santhosh

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Arnav Sonara

That's great, congrats to Mr Vardhan. Can we have a short introduction of him or did I miss that.

Thanks,
Rangilo Gujarati.

On Jan 28, 2013 10:56 AM, "Jadine Lannon" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry for not including this in the original post. Here is a brief
introduction to T. Vishnu Vardhan:

Starting in February 2013, T. Vishnu Vardhan will be Programme Director
of CIS's Access to Knowledge programme at the New Delhi office. Prior to
this position, he was the Senior Development Officer for the Sir Ratan
Tata Trust (SRTT), a position that he has help since 2007. His
experience spans across academics, industry (media) and the
not-for-profit sector. Over the last 11 years, he has worked in various
capacities as a researcher, grant manager, teacher, project consultant,
information architect and translator. Prior to joining CIS, Vishnu
managed the Art, Crafts and Culture portfolio of the SRTT, where he
spent 5 years performing project conceptualization, management and
assessment of quality and impact in the not-for-profit sector.

Vishnu managed more than 30 projects and funds to the tune of Rs. 160
million. He also anchored SRTT’s automation and knowledge management
activities.  Vishnu worked as a Research Coordinator at Centre for the
Study of Culture and Society (CSCS) in Bangalore where he coordinated
the online M.A. in Cultural Studies, managed the Library Fellowship
programme, conceptualized and coordinated national and international
workshops and short-term courses in Media and Cultural Studies, and
helped in building academic institutional partnerships.

Vishnu is a superannuated doctoral candidate at the Centre for Media
Research, University of Ulster and CSCS, Bangalore.

Cheers,

Jadine

  On 2013-01-28 11:12 AM, Arnav Sonara wrote:

> That's great, congrats to Mr Vardhan. Can we have a short introduction
> of him or did I miss that.
>
> Thanks,
> Rangilo Gujarati.
>
> On Jan 28, 2013 10:56 AM, "Jadine Lannon" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     We are pleased to announce the results of the hiring of Programme
>     Director for CIS's A2K programme. After a lengthy four month
>     process, Mr. Vishnu Vardhan, who posted his essay onto the mailing
>     list under the alias Nee Davis, was offered the position on January
>     13th, 2013, which he has accepted. He will be taking on the
>     responsibilities of Programme Director in early February, 2013, and
>     he hopes to be fully transitioned into this position by the end of
>     February.
>
>     The entire CIS team and Mr. Vardhan would like to thank the
>     Wikimedia community for their interaction and input, particularly
>     during the public stage of the hiring. We look forwards to working
>     with you all as the A2K project continues.
>
>     Thank you,
>
>     Jadine

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Niraj Suryawanshi
Congrats to Mr Vardhan.

Regards,

+ 91 81 49 920120

<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

    Hello,

    We are pleased to announce the results of the hiring of Programme
    Director for CIS's A2K programme. After a lengthy four month
    process, Mr. Vishnu Vardhan, who posted his essay onto the mailing
    list under the alias Nee Davis, was offered the position on January
    13th, 2013, which he has accepted. He will be taking on the
    responsibilities of Programme Director in early February, 2013, and
    he hopes to be fully transitioned into this position by the end of
    February.

    The entire CIS team and Mr. Vardhan would like to thank the
    Wikimedia community for their interaction and input, particularly
    during the public stage of the hiring. We look forwards to working
    with you all as the A2K project continues.

    Thank you,

    Jadine

Regards & Thanks,

Niraj N. Suryawanshi
Pune Institute of Computer Technology | Wikipedia Club Pune
+91 814 992 0120 | niraj.suryawanshi@gmail.com

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

BalaSundaraRaman
Congrats and welcome, Vishnu Vardhan!

- Sundar

"That language is an instrument of human reason, and not merely a medium for the expression of thought, is a truth generally admitted."

On 2013-01-28 11:12 AM, Arnav Sonara wrote:

> That's great, congrats to Mr Vardhan. Can we have a short introduction
> of him or did I miss that.
>
> Thanks,
> Rangilo Gujarati.
>
> On Jan 28, 2013 10:56 AM, "Jadine Lannon" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>    Hello,
>
>    We are pleased to announce the results of the hiring of Programme
>    Director for CIS's A2K programme. After a lengthy four month
>    process, Mr. Vishnu Vardhan, who posted his essay onto the mailing
>    list under the alias Nee Davis, was offered the position on January
>    13th, 2013, which he has accepted. He will be taking on the
>    responsibilities of Programme Director in early February, 2013, and
>    he hopes to be fully transitioned into this position by the end of
>    February.
>
>    The entire CIS team and Mr. Vardhan would like to thank the
>    Wikimedia community for their interaction and input, particularly
>    during the public stage of the hiring. We look forwards to working
>    with you all as the A2K project continues.
>
>    Thank you,
>
>    Jadine

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Adethya Sudarsanan
Welcome Home, Vishnu. Wish you a great tenure.

Best Regards,
Adethya Sudarsanan.

On 2013-01-28 11:12 AM, Arnav Sonara wrote:
> That's great, congrats to Mr Vardhan. Can we have a short introduction
> of him or did I miss that.
>
> Thanks,
> Rangilo Gujarati.
>
> On Jan 28, 2013 10:56 AM, "Jadine Lannon" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>    Hello,
>
>    We are pleased to announce the results of the hiring of Programme
>    Director for CIS's A2K programme. After a lengthy four month
>    process, Mr. Vishnu Vardhan, who posted his essay onto the mailing
>    list under the alias Nee Davis, was offered the position on January
>    13th, 2013, which he has accepted. He will be taking on the
>    responsibilities of Programme Director in early February, 2013, and
>    he hopes to be fully transitioned into this position by the end of
>    February.
>
>    The entire CIS team and Mr. Vardhan would like to thank the
>    Wikimedia community for their interaction and input, particularly
>    during the public stage of the hiring. We look forwards to working
>    with you all as the A2K project continues.
>
>    Thank you,
>
>    Jadine

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Vishnu t
Dear Santhosh, Arnav, Niraj, Sundar, Adethya and Friends,

Thank you for your wishes. I am excited to working with you all and look forward to your support and cooperation.

Cheers,
Vishnu

On 2013-01-28 11:12 AM, Arnav Sonara wrote:
> That's great, congrats to Mr Vardhan. Can we have a short introduction
> of him or did I miss that.
>
> Thanks,
> Rangilo Gujarati.
>
> On Jan 28, 2013 10:56 AM, "Jadine Lannon" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>    Hello,
>
>    We are pleased to announce the results of the hiring of Programme
>    Director for CIS's A2K programme. After a lengthy four month
>    process, Mr. Vishnu Vardhan, who posted his essay onto the mailing
>    list under the alias Nee Davis, was offered the position on January
>    13th, 2013, which he has accepted. He will be taking on the
>    responsibilities of Programme Director in early February, 2013, and
>    he hopes to be fully transitioned into this position by the end of
>    February.
>
>    The entire CIS team and Mr. Vardhan would like to thank the
>    Wikimedia community for their interaction and input, particularly
>    during the public stage of the hiring. We look forwards to working
>    with you all as the A2K project continues.
>
>    Thank you,
>
>    Jadine

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Jessie Wild
Congratulations, Vishnu! We are looking forward to working with you further.

As a participant in the interviewing process from WMF, I wanted to extend a _HUGE_ thank you and congratulations to CIS for conducting such an open and extensive hiring process. They had quite the challenge before them, and I am impressed with their commitment to transparency and collaboration through the process. Nice work to Jadine especially for updating us all on what was happening!

Also, thank you to ALL OF YOU who helped in participating in the process! Adethya Sudarsanan (volunteer), Arun  Ramarathnam (Wikimedia India representative) and Nitika Tandom (from CIS Access to Knowledge team) in particular invested much time and energy into screening
candidates. Also, to all the community members who helped on the online planning process: thanks for your feedback and participation.

Finally, it would be great to gather as a community how this process went. Perhaps we could set up a page similar to one designed in Brazil to capture both the process and the learnings?
Let me know if you think that would be helpful; I can set up the link unless one of you beats me to it (and please feel free to:)!

I'm excited to see and learn from what India continues to contribute to the movement.

Best,
Jessie

On 2013-01-28 11:12 AM, Arnav Sonara wrote:
> That's great, congrats to Mr Vardhan. Can we have a short introduction
> of him or did I miss that.
>
> Thanks,
> Rangilo Gujarati.
>
> On Jan 28, 2013 10:56 AM, "Jadine Lannon" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>    Hello,
>
>    We are pleased to announce the results of the hiring of Programme
>    Director for CIS's A2K programme. After a lengthy four month
>    process, Mr. Vishnu Vardhan, who posted his essay onto the mailing
>    list under the alias Nee Davis, was offered the position on January
>    13th, 2013, which he has accepted. He will be taking on the
>    responsibilities of Programme Director in early February, 2013, and
>    he hopes to be fully transitioned into this position by the end of
>    February.
>
>    The entire CIS team and Mr. Vardhan would like to thank the
>    Wikimedia community for their interaction and input, particularly
>    during the public stage of the hiring. We look forwards to working
>    with you all as the A2K project continues.
>
>    Thank you,
>
>    Jadine

Jessie Wild
Learning & Evaluation

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
Donate to Wikimedia

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
My heartiest congratulations Vishnu!

We all are waiting here to welcome you to the office. It would be a great time to work with you and take this movement to a new level.. ;)

Best!
Subha

On 2013-01-28 11:12 AM, Arnav Sonara wrote:
> That's great, congrats to Mr Vardhan. Can we have a short introduction
> of him or did I miss that.
>
> Thanks,
> Rangilo Gujarati.
>
> On Jan 28, 2013 10:56 AM, "Jadine Lannon" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>    Hello,
>
>    We are pleased to announce the results of the hiring of Programme
>    Director for CIS's A2K programme. After a lengthy four month
>    process, Mr. Vishnu Vardhan, who posted his essay onto the mailing
>    list under the alias Nee Davis, was offered the position on January
>    13th, 2013, which he has accepted. He will be taking on the
>    responsibilities of Programme Director in early February, 2013, and
>    he hopes to be fully transitioned into this position by the end of
>    February.
>
>    The entire CIS team and Mr. Vardhan would like to thank the
>    Wikimedia community for their interaction and input, particularly
>    during the public stage of the hiring. We look forwards to working
>    with you all as the A2K project continues.
>
>    Thank you,
>
>    Jadine

Jessie Wild
Learning & Evaluation

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
Donate to Wikimedia

Re: Results of the Programme Director hiring for CIS's A2K programme

Noopur-2
Dear Vishnu,

Great news! Look forward to working with you :)

Best,
Noopur