Returning Octopus cards

Tomer Ashur

For those of you who doesn't know, you can return your octopus cards in the train information booth at the airport and get your 50$ deposit back. This however needs to be done before passport control as there is no similar booth inside.

I didn't test this for myself though, as I was running short for my flight. If anyone knows otherwise he/she can update here.

Sent from my Android based tablet. This on screen keyboard is challenging and may cause typos.

Re: Returning Octopus cards

Kartik Mistry
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Tomer Ashur <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For those of you who doesn't know, you can return your octopus cards in the
> train information booth at the airport and get your 50$ deposit back. This
> however needs to be done before passport control as there is no similar
> booth inside.

To be safe: Do it at near sub-way station customer care service
centers. It'll take less than one minutes!

--
Kartik Mistry | IRC: kart_
{0x1f1f, kartikm}.wordpress.com

Re: Returning Octopus cards

Tomasz Ganicz
In Airport it was also just few minutes. You will get back $35 not 50,
as 15 is operational costs.

2013/8/12 Kartik Mistry <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Tomer Ashur <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> For those of you who doesn't know, you can return your octopus cards in the
>> train information booth at the airport and get your 50$ deposit back. This
>> however needs to be done before passport control as there is no similar
>> booth inside.
>
> To be safe: Do it at near sub-way station customer care service
> centers. It'll take less than one minutes!
>
> --
> Kartik Mistry | IRC: kart_
> {0x1f1f, kartikm}.wordpress.com

Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/

Re: Returning Octopus cards

JP Béland

Just did it at the airport and it was only 9$ for refund fee.

JP

On Aug 12, 2013 5:53 PM, "Tomasz Ganicz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
In Airport it was also just few minutes. You will get back $35 not 50,
as 15 is operational costs.

2013/8/12 Kartik Mistry <[hidden email]>:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Tomer Ashur <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> For those of you who doesn't know, you can return your octopus cards in the
>> train information booth at the airport and get your 50$ deposit back. This
>> however needs to be done before passport control as there is no similar
>> booth inside.
>
> To be safe: Do it at near sub-way station customer care service
> centers. It'll take less than one minutes!
>
> --
> Kartik Mistry | IRC: kart_
> {0x1f1f, kartikm}.wordpress.com

Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/

Re: Returning Octopus cards

Dhaval S. Vyas

It should be $41+ whatever credit you have left unused, only 9 dollar is deducted not 15. I got mine refunded in less than 2 min.

Tip: Don't use the counters in arrival hall as there are always long queues, use the on on airport express concourse instead