RevisionInsertComplete vs. RevisionRecordInserted

RevisionInsertComplete vs. RevisionRecordInserted

Stas Malyshev
Hi!

I've noticed that RevisionInsertComplete hook is now deprecated in favor
of RevisionRecordInserted. However, EventBus still uses
RevisionInsertComplete. Is this going to change soon? If so, will the
underlying event/topic change too? I couldn't find anything in
Phabricator about this - is there plan to change it or still use old
hook for now and foreseeable future?

Stas Malyshev

Re: RevisionInsertComplete vs. RevisionRecordInserted

Andrew Otto
This is the first I’ve heard of it!  So, we don’t have a plan to change it,
but I suppose we should if RevisionInsertComplete is deprecated.  I haven’t
looked at RevisionRecordInserted yet so I can’t answer questions about
schema changes, but I doubt it would change anything.

Just created https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T186228, thanks.

On 2/1/18 7:39 AM, Andrew Otto wrote:
> This is the first I’ve heard of it!  So, we don’t have a plan to change it,
> but I suppose we should if RevisionInsertComplete is deprecated.  I haven’t
> looked at RevisionRecordInserted yet so I can’t answer questions about
> schema changes, but I doubt it would change anything.

I suspect it has to do with MCR work, but don't know the details. There
might be a need to add some info in the revision for new MCR
information, but not sure.

--
Stas Malyshev