Rob Lanphier appointed to the Architecture Committee

Rob Lanphier appointed to the Architecture Committee

Tim Starling-2
At the previous meeting of the MediaWiki Architecture Committee (April
20), the members present approved the appointment of Rob Lanphier to
the committee.

Rob was the main instigator in the formation of the committee in 2014.
Lately he has been taking an active role, chairing the weekly meetings
and writing the meeting agenda. In recognition of the excellent work
he has been doing, and in the interests of transparency, we decided to
formalise his membership.

-- Tim Starling

Re: Rob Lanphier appointed to the Architecture Committee

Brion Vibber-4
Woot!

-- brion

On Monday, April 25, 2016, Tim Starling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At the previous meeting of the MediaWiki Architecture Committee (April
> 20), the members present approved the appointment of Rob Lanphier to
> the committee.
>
> Rob was the main instigator in the formation of the committee in 2014.
> Lately he has been taking an active role, chairing the weekly meetings
> and writing the meeting agenda. In recognition of the excellent work
> he has been doing, and in the interests of transparency, we decided to
> formalise his membership.
>
> -- Tim Starling

Re: Rob Lanphier appointed to the Architecture Committee

Quim Gil-2
Congratulations! I hope this helps pushing forward the idea of working
groups that Rob has been pushing (among others).

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Woot!
>
> -- brion
>
> On Monday, April 25, 2016, Tim Starling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > At the previous meeting of the MediaWiki Architecture Committee (April
> > 20), the members present approved the appointment of Rob Lanphier to
> > the committee.
> >
> > Rob was the main instigator in the formation of the committee in 2014.
> > Lately he has been taking an active role, chairing the weekly meetings
> > and writing the meeting agenda. In recognition of the excellent work
> > he has been doing, and in the interests of transparency, we decided to
> > formalise his membership.
> >
> > -- Tim Starling

Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Re: Rob Lanphier appointed to the Architecture Committee

Scott MacLeod
Congratulations, Rob,and Architecture Committee! (And thanks very much,
Rob, for creating the #WorldUnivandSch IRC channel out of the Wikitech
office hour in #wikimedia-office IRC channel the other day).

Cheers,
Scott

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Quim Gil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations! I hope this helps pushing forward the idea of working
> groups that Rob has been pushing (among others).
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Woot!
> >
> > -- brion
> >
> > On Monday, April 25, 2016, Tim Starling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > At the previous meeting of the MediaWiki Architecture Committee (April
> > > 20), the members present approved the appointment of Rob Lanphier to
> > > the committee.
> > >
> > > Rob was the main instigator in the formation of the committee in 2014.
> > > Lately he has been taking an active role, chairing the weekly meetings
> > > and writing the meeting agenda. In recognition of the excellent work
> > > he has been doing, and in the interests of transparency, we decided to
> > > formalise his membership.
> > >
> > > -- Tim Starling

> Quim Gil
> Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- 415 480 4577
- http://scottmacleod.com
- Please donate to tax-exempt 501 (c) (3)
- World University and School
- via PayPal, or credit card, here -
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org
- or send checks to
- PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.

Re: Rob Lanphier appointed to the Architecture Committee

Nasir Khan
Congrats.

--
*Nasir Khan Saikat*
www.nasirkhn.com

On 26 April 2016 at 22:52, Scott MacLeod <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations, Rob,and Architecture Committee! (And thanks very much,
> Rob, for creating the #WorldUnivandSch IRC channel out of the Wikitech
> office hour in #wikimedia-office IRC channel the other day).
>
> Cheers,
> Scott
>

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Quim Gil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations! I hope this helps pushing forward the idea of working
> > groups that Rob has been pushing (among others).
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Woot!
> > >
> > > -- brion

> (April

> 2014.
> meetings

> > Quim Gil
> > Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

> - Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
> - 415 480 4577
> - http://scottmacleod.com
> - Please donate to tax-exempt 501 (c) (3)
> - World University and School
> - via PayPal, or credit card, here -
> - http://worlduniversityandschool.org
> - or send checks to
> - PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516
> - World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
> OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
> California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.

Re: Rob Lanphier appointed to the Architecture Committee

Rob Lanphier-4
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Tim Starling <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> At the previous meeting of the MediaWiki Architecture Committee
> (April 20), the members present approved the appointment of Rob Lanphier
> to the committee.

Thank you, Tim and the rest of ArchCom!  I'll endeavor not to conduct our
meetings _too_ drunk on power, and keep my maniacal laughter to a minimum
 ;-)

Seriously though, I look forward to weekly conversations and other
collaboration with such a bright bunch of people with such amazing
accomplishments.  Group leadership on a complex set of projects like this
is incredibly difficult; doing that while still keeping a website of this
size up-and-running, using code (including many extensions and lots of
editor-contributed Lua) is a formidable task.  It's wonderful to be part of
building our software the same way our editors create the Wikimedia family
of projects, rather than resorting to the "benevolent dictator for life"
model.  I'm honored to receive the opportunity to make our decision making
process clearer for everyone who wants to contribute.

Rob
(who now feels the weight of responsibility, now that he can't use his old
disclaimer "I'm not a member of the committee")