SEARCHING Wikinews stories

allan_X
Question:

Why isn't wikinews searched when I conduct a Google News search?

Cheers
allan boyd - perth, west australia

Re: SEARCHING Wikinews stories

Brian Wolff
Thats a good question. I think one of the reasons was the problems with vandalism, and published vs non-published articles. However this was before I came to wikinews so I probally shouldn't be answering this question. (Vaugly remember something at the water cooler when I first came.)

- Bawolff
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85 million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.

On 08/01/06, allan_X <[hidden email]> wrote:
Question:

Why isn't wikinews searched when I conduct a Google News search?

Cheers
allan boyd - perth, west australia

- Brian
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85 million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.

Re: SEARCHING Wikinews stories

Mathias Schindler
allan_X wrote:
> Question:
>
> Why isn't wikinews searched when I conduct a Google News search?

That is a question you have to ask Google.

Mathias

Re: SEARCHING Wikinews stories

Clare-Marie White
>> Why isn't wikinews searched when I conduct a Google News search?

Google have agreed to include Wikinews when various people have requested
it, but I gather they then took it off the search again because they were
concerned about how it might change after they'd picked it up. I think
you'll find a discussion about it in the Watercooler archives (best to
search through Google!)
ClareWhite

Re: SEARCHING Wikinews stories

Erik Moeller-2
allan_X:
> Question:
>
> Why isn't wikinews searched when I conduct a Google News search?

They're afraid of getting penis pictures on their frontpage. They'll
include us if we give them a feed of stable versions that cannot have
been vandalized at the time their spider picks them up.

Erik